Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Just remember, chicks, broodies and roos don't count because they don't lay eggs. Bantums only count as 1/2. Make sure you all get your chicken math correct.
wink.png

My husband has stopped asking how many birds I have! As long as there are eggs for his midnight snacking and homemade pasta he seems ok with whatever the number is, I think.

What do you guys do with all these chicks?
I raise the roosters for meat, and than keep the pullets. If I have too many I sell or trade with friends.

Quote:
I have all my chickens written down in a note book, I'm afraid to add up the total though. I feel all right as long as I don't actually know the exact number.

Well I had 5 in a brooder last night, and 3 left in the incubator to help motivate the last of the pipped eggs. I woke up this morning at 5:30, and 2 more had hatched. Then when my daughter woke me up, I went to check on them at 7:40. She had turned the heat up to 115, and closed the air vents. It was chick panic..... So I'm hoping all the cooked chicks survive.

Day 21 started this morning for the chicken eggs, and day 28 started for the turkeys around 5 yesterday. Several of the chicken eggs have hatched, and a few more are pipping, yet there is still no activity from the turkeys.
hmm.png
I would have expected at least one pip by now. The humidity is about 55% is that too low? I pulled one turkey egg out but couldn't hear any movement inside, and it didn't feel that warm either. Are turkey eggs that more delicate than chicken eggs?

Congrats to everyone for new fluffy butts.
I love seeing all the pics.
Good luck to those still waiting.

Finished my hatch on the 10th of April (not my best hatch rate) and glad to see I'm not the only one with chicken fever. I'll be starting my the hatch as soon as my eggs arrive. I've never had eggs shipped before. I bought 6 eggs online. Couldn't find anyone close by to get Lavender Orpinton eggs.

Checked our first egg that our broody is laying on, its viable! A silkie/ee mix! So excited.. We also have an australorp/RIR/silkie mix, the hen is the aussi/rir and roo is an orange silkie, and also a bantam/silkie, find out tomorrow if those two are viable.. Chickens are awesome!

Can one REALLY hatch enough chicks? NEVER!!!!
wee.gif

People let's not talk crazy. Why count? Why think about it...
Ok, I'm at 124...
Hatch tomorrow, the 5th, 14th, and the 22 if I set them all in a few days...
big_smile.png

I sell online and we keep breeding egg layers for our Organic Egg Business.

Back
Top Bottom