Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
This is my first time hatching too. Hope it goes well! :) Using a forced air styro incubator. No auto turner, but I can tell I'll need one if I want to do more hatching! Set 12 Bourbon Red turkey eggs on Saturday and will add 12 Easter Egger eggs for an April 26th hatch.
Very pretty! If I had more room I would have to get a few
1f60d.png

Wish me luck guys, this is my third round hatching :) I just set 36 today of a barnyard mix I got! We just finished a hatch of 19 out of 30 eggs (got them from a friend, a lot were not fertilized)

For April, I have set:

16 EE to hatch April 9
25 Bourbon Red to hatch April 25
18 Backyard mix turkey to hatch April 25
25 Bourbon Red to hatch April 30

Wish me luck!

It has been interesting to read this thread. Such a variety of breeds and egg setting numbers :)

I couldn't get a hold of any more Barnevelder eggs here in Australia, so I only set 31 Australorp eggs for this month's hatch on the 16th of March. Due to hatch on the 4th April.

A couple days without power doesn't seem to have affected my eggs at all, thanks to our cooler autumn weather (summer power losses absolutely killed my hatches without the ability to run a fan in the room I incubate in).

I have been candling with the camera light of my iPhone as suggested in the New Years HAL and it's great.
I don't even have to handle the eggs, can candle during the day and STILL see well enough to determine viability, veining and movement.

A few blood rings and some infertile eggs later and it appears I have around 20 eggs still doing well. A few looked to have deteriorating veins, but we'll see come hatch days.

Just two days until lockdown!
We're all excited here, especially my almost 3yo boy. He's asking when the chickies will hatch and checking the incubator daily :)

It has been interesting to read this thread. Such a variety of breeds and egg setting numbers :)

I couldn't get a hold of any more Barnevelder eggs here in Australia, so I only set 31 Australorp eggs for this month's hatch on the 16th of March. Due to hatch on the 4th April.

A couple days without power doesn't seem to have affected my eggs at all, thanks to our cooler autumn weather (summer power losses absolutely killed my hatches without the ability to run a fan in the room I incubate in).

I have been candling with the camera light of my iPhone as suggested in the New Years HAL and it's great.
I don't even have to handle the eggs, can candle during the day and STILL see well enough to determine viability, veining and movement.

A few blood rings and some infertile eggs later and it appears I have around 20 eggs still doing well. A few looked to have deteriorating veins, but we'll see come hatch days.

Just two days until lockdown!
We're all excited here, especially my almost 3yo boy. He's asking when the chickies will hatch and checking the incubator daily :)

Hatching with kids is so special and makes it that much more fun to see the miracle of life and birth. Good luck on the hatch!!

:thumbsup   I'm not sure I'm going to be brave enough to try and candle the eggs under my broodie!  She's a beast right now!
My girl was rude to me the first couple of days of sitting since then I've gone in and just petted her leaving eggs alone ..now she complains but not pecking at me if I lift her. I may check the eggs again tonight! So exciting!

So, I set 6 copper blue maran eggs on the 30th. I have terrible hatching rates so, I'm hoping that I get a few chicks. These eggs are from my only hen and she told me that she needed some help handling this rooster so I'm trying to accommodate.

Back
Top Bottom