Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Yes, my name is Puddin Fluff and I am a hatch-a-haulic.
th.gif

Went to check on current broody to see if I could hear any peeps and couldn't because of all the other babies peeping around in the coop.
big_smile.png

I have a chick that hatched. It is very small. It had trouble walking. After 3 days of feeding it vitamins and honey water it can stand and walk. However, it doesn't peck at anything. It hasn't eaten solid food as I can see yet. Sounds weird but I am wondering if it is blind? When I started feeding it I was carefully dipping its beak. Now when I remove it it expects to eat and will dip its beak on its own, but it is random. Like it's just going down looking for the water and often missing.

Anyone had this? Frankly, I will give it one more day before...

I have a chick that hatched. It is very small. It had trouble walking. After 3 days of feeding it vitamins and honey water it can stand and walk. However, it doesn't peck at anything. It hasn't eaten solid food as I can see yet. Sounds weird but I am wondering if it is blind? When I started feeding it I was carefully dipping its beak. Now when I remove it it expects to eat and will dip its beak on its own, but it is random. Like it's just going down looking for the water and often missing.

Anyone had this? Frankly, I will give it one more day before...

Sorry I haven't had this exactly before. You might post on the emergencies forum and find someone who has.
hugs.gif

Just had to peek under my broody and I saw at least 3 very fluffy chickies.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Today is day 20 but I put additional eggs in on her the next day so some are on day 19. I can't wait to see how many actually pop out!
celebrate.gif

Got a peek under the broody today. 5 fluffy chicks but one of them was dead
sad.png
, I wonder if she accidentally stepped on it. 4more eggs yet, I placed some in a day later so tomorrow is day 21 for some so might still get some more

Back
Top Bottom