APRIL HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Easter is coming up soon, I thought you'd enjoy a festive picture. Here's one of my March hatches, 3/18/10; these 7 chicks are 2 wks old on April 1st. With the Bantam Faverolles you can sex them at around 2 wks of age, so I separated them in 2 groups by my guess.

4 Bantam Blue Salmon Faverolles pullets
34342_3-18-10_easter_favs_pullets_pics.jpg

3 Bantam Blue Salmon Faverolles cockerels
34342_3-18-10_easter_favs_roos_pic.jpg

Looking forward to lots of fun with all of you this month here on the 'APRIL HATCH-A-LONG come join in'

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Of course "silly chickie." Glad you joined in. I'll see what I can do about setting with the moon this time, if I can. I follow the Farmer's Almanac with gardening too when ever possible. Afterall, we are creatures of the earth, so why not work with it as intended.

Quote:
My temperature are maintaining between 99.5 and 100.3, but I am having a terrible time getting the humidity up, too. The house is heated partially with wood ,and I'm sure the dry air is contributing. I would like to get the humidity up to 35-40% until lockdown. But it's about 23-25%. I hatch out (hopefully) on the 16th. I have been adding about a quarter cup of warm water every day. I will candle on Saturday and see if the air pocket size looks right for seven days and adjust - maybe put more water in. I would rather be a little dry than have too much humidity too soon.

INDIAN RUNNER DUCKLINGS DUE IN 5 DAYS
big_smile.png

bin a rocky road but getting there... yay!

Save The Favs... WoW, those Easter Pictures are ADORABLE
love.gif
Thanks for the idea, I'm gonna have to play with my chickies today and take some Easter pics.

are those eggs painted or are they actual colour of chicken eggs...

if so what breed is it or are they?

Count me in, I just now put 10 BRW, 16 BW, and 2 CW eggs in my bator, I got them from a BYC member who shipped them on Monday, and they were here yesterday morning, so in the bator they went!!
pop.gif

Hi everyone!
frow.gif

Can I join too?

Mine are due to hatch around April 9th. I got quite a few eggs from a BYC friend and set some eggs from my own flock too.
I set:
~Salmon Faverolles banties
~Booted banties
~Speckled Sussex
~EE/Americauna cross
~SLW/BR cross
~SLW/EE cross-(from my flock)
~BO cross-(from my flock)
~OEG banties-Roo is a Ginger Red and the hen is a BB Red so they will be mutts, right? (I still can't wait to see what they look like!)
These two little banties are our favorites around here.

I hope everything goes well! I've got my Little Giant pretty full and it's been hanging around 100.1, has an automatic turner and the humidity is around 35% or so. I'm trying to get it just a touch higher. I've been using a straw and a syringe to fill the water trays when needed instead of opening it. (Found that in a BYC post that I came across and I love that idea! It's really helped to keep the temperature more stable. I love this site! I also checked out the posted link about feather sexing chicks. I wish I had found it yesterday before I bought my chicks at TSC.
rant.gif
I got some New Hampshires and if the trick is true for them, I'm pretty sure that I got 4 boys and 2 girls.
th.gif

I really want to go get more now that I know the trick, but I might be pushing my luck if I bring more chicks home. I got two Khaki Campbell ducklings yesterday too, so I'd better quit. If those ducks lay eggs as well as I hear they do, I'll have plenty of eggs. 330/yr? Unless they are boys too.
somad.gif
At the risk of sounding stupid, are female ducks like chickens in that they will lay eggs without a male?
Also, any way to sex ducklings? One's beak is a bit darker than the other. Any Khaki Cambell duck experts here?

I should mention that I also have a dozen of Crele OEGB eggs coming around the 12th for the next go'round. My fiance wanted them, but I've been told several times that I'm out of control. Ok...so I am maybe just a little bit.
It's a good feeling to know that I'm not alone and I'm in good company here!
hugs.gif

Here's to lots of pips and zips to everyone!
jumpy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom