APRIL HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'd like to share my experience with this thermometer http://www.brinsea.com/prod-Spot_Check_Digital_Incubator_Thermometer-25.aspx
It
is soooo accurate. It measures by tens of a degree. I love it and it has helped me hatch a lot better!!

I also have a Question. Since I am incubating duck eggs and chicken egg together can I use the dry incubation method and just mist the duck eggs once a day? Has anyone done this method?

I just love doing a dry hatch!!! I never have to worry about water! My humidity stays between 29-32%. I do add a few ccs of warm water at lockdown via tube but other then that ive really lucked out with hatching
wink.png
lol My husband did see the 40 eggs I just put in and asked me if I planned on doing anymore this year?!?! I grinned and said Oh No! lol We all know how that works out!! I am done for awhile however because I have about 55 babies in the brooder already!!!
hide.gif
Must stop hatching!!!
he.gif

Edit: Sorry Namble that was not to you.. we posted at the same time... Ive never done duck eggs so im not sure... from what ive heard the chicken eggs can tolerate the higher humidity but the ducks cant take the lower.... I wanted to do ducks this time but hubby said I have enough chickens LMAO

Last edited:
Wow!!! Spring hatching is in the air.
ya.gif

Pls. count me in I set 22 eggs on Sat. 3/20 with hatch date of 4/10.

There are 13 BCM for me and 9 of my barnyard browns for a friend.

Am using my LG w/turner, worried that my Suro has a broken thermostat.
sad.png

Look forward to learning more and more fuzzy butts!!!

Mia

I locked down my very first batch last night, so far so good. It's running at 99* @ 55-60%. I made another incubator yesterday and it is doing it's 24hr test run. So far so good there too. I should be setting 24 eggs tonight if all continues to go well. I have a brooder to build today just in case I did something right.
wink.png

I wish all of you the best of luck with all of your new fuzzybutts, and fuzzybutts to be.

I candled last night on my goose eggs.. very hard to see thru them. I tossed 3 that were clearly infertile. That leaves 11 in the incubator. I also got hubby to help me so I could candle the 6 under the goose. I got her out of the nest and he held her while I candled. She seriously wanted to harm me. I threw one away that was infertile. So... I have 16 that are developing. And 9 eggs ready to put under my next goose to go broody. She is going any day now. I thought it was yesterday but she changed her mind at the last minute. If all hatch, I need to reconsider putting so many under this next one.I do NOT need this many geese, but it is a sickness. I recognize that now and I am infected with it...
tongue.png

Last edited:
And the real sickness... In addition to all these eggs incubating in various ways.. I have 3 toulouse babies ordered to be here april12...
lol.png

On an LG forced air incubator, there are 2 red plugs on the top...do I take one out or both?? Right now I have them both in, but they are there for a reason I am sure!

Well I have some of my own eggs in the lg set to hatch on April 7th. There are some BCM, Spangled Orloff, Speckled Sussex, Mille Fleur Cochin, Welsummer and Spangled OEG. Candled them and can see veining in most, except the BCM they are way too dark to see anything.
I am gathering eggs to put into my new suro 20. Should set them mid week, more of the breeds above, and I have some shipped mottled d'Uccle and mille fleur cochin eggs coming.
I also have a broodie setting on a mixed bag of d'Uccle eggs, should hatch around the 8th.

Last edited:
I'm in too
Just testing out my new bator. Got 12 bantam x isabrown eggs in it. Due the 1st, I can see 9 are alive and doing well. I want to find out what the hatch rate is then i will put in about 40ish isabrown eggs for next cycle layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom