APRIL HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your hatch with us, great pics & the heroic snake story. Hatching or not, check in & see what's happening here. Who knows your geesers may have a hatch of their own someday for you to share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Those look like nice strong chickies, good for you! I guess they're not all meant to thrive though, that's the tough part of the chicks. Have fun with this bunch! And..... looking forward to your next hatch for the 29th.

Mrs. Feathers :

My morning update....Australorps 2/10 - Looks like my first little pip from Day 20 has died in the shell. He made it to half zip around but I have seen no action in the past 5 hours (going into Day 22 now). Quite proud of myself for fighting the urge to help though sad as it is. The second little pip took 22 hours and just emerged after a lot of hard work...looks great and moving about lots. The third basically threw itself out of the shell and is busy visiting all the unhatched. Ameraucanas - 1/5 hatched sofar again just flew out of the shell. 0/3 SLW sofar but one just pipped and I am surprisingly patient now that they have started.
So I am 3/18 with one loss and 14 still hopefuls! Will post photos asap but the condensation on the bator windows makes it tough to get a shot.

Congrats on your chicks hatching! When the eggs open, it sure does add a lot of moisture & fogs up the bator. Looking forward to seeing the pics.​

Mrs. Feathers :

The third basically threw itself out of the shell and is busy visiting all the unhatched.

CUTE!

Update: Today is day 21 for me. I haven't heard any peeping, but I did see two of my Australorp chicks moving around in their eggs. Funny enough, the two that I saw moving are the only two I planned on keeping for myself. How long could it take for them to hatch? It's currently almost 1:30pm here and none have hatched yet.​

UPDATE!: My question got answered! One of the Australorp eggs is moving around a lot and one of my Jersey Giant crosses and two of my Cochin crosses are starting to peck their ways out! I AM SO EXCITED!

Quote:
Oh I'm feeling your excitment from here!

I have 11 days to go and I'm a nervous wreck!

Hard to see through most of my eggies, but I did see a couple moving last night. Tried to candle them a few days ago, but saw nothing. So cool to see movement now.

Good Luck on your hatch!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
At least your eggs didn't forget to hatch on time
ya.gif
I thought it was me forgetting what day you set them
ep.gif
That's why I try to write down on the calendar when I put mine in sometimes even write on the egg. Remember pictures I wanna see
ya.gif

Quote:
I'll post pics once I'm able to take them after my camera is charged. For a day I forgot what day I put them in the incubator. Thanks to a friend of mine for remembering what day I told them I started the eggs, haha!

I wrote down on one of my calendars when I started them, and when to add water every three days or so. I also wrote down when to lockdown and when to be expecting the hatch. I marked the eggs with a pencil lightly what breed is what since I get my Jersey Giant and Australorp eggs mixed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom