April Hatch-Along!!!!!!! Whos with me?????

Well guys ,I finish my April hatch along with my other thread "Late Incubator deaths" is you all want to learn by my mistakes and bad luck. Had 3 power outages...and my temp and humidity too low...I got 2 runners and a hookbill out of 48 ....
sad.png
I'm so sorry to hear that. I thought that 3 out of 16 Australian Spotted eggs was bad. But the other eggs I had in there with them have done a lot better: 15 out of 26, and I'm hoping for maybe one or two more. Not bad for shipped eggs and a first try. Too bad those ones are all for a friend.
Most of the eggs that didn't make it were tossed early on, so that's at least a little less frustrating. I'm still kicking myself about not deciding to step in and help the 4th Australian Spotted a half hour sooner.
This has been one crazy hatch. I've got 5 eggs left that I keep thinking must be dead since the big guys started hatching Friday. But official "hatch day" wasn't until Sunday, so they're not *that* far behind. 4 of them have pipped since yesterday morning, and I can hear peeping. The fifth doesn't appear to have even internally pipped, so I was going to toss it, but there is definitely something still alive in there. I should probably assume that it's not going to survive, though, right? It's looking on track to be a full week before the early starters.
Combine that with the bantams that were supposed to hatch Mother's Day, and I feel like I've been staring at eggs FOREVER!

Well guys ,I finish my April hatch along with my other thread "Late Incubator deaths" is you all want to learn by my mistakes and bad luck. Had 3 power outages...and my temp and humidity too low...I got 2 runners and a hookbill out of 48 ....
sad.png
hugs.gif

I think I've got 11 no-go's in my hatcher right now. This hatch didn't look good at lockdown, but not I can't even see motion in the two that were moving before. I admit, I candled just because I was skeptical that anything was going to happen. Now I think they are all dead for sure. Going to keep them in until hatch day, but I've never had zero hatch before.

My final count for this hatch 12 welsh harlequin ducklings...
We had 2 dead in shell at hatching time...not sure why since 12 hatched fine?
1 egg candled clear, and 1 egg had a blood ring - early dead
Hatching started day 27 and lasted until late on day 29.
My 1st duck eggs & 1st shipped eggs, so must be beginners luck :)
Posting pictures in a seperate post.

Clint

Ok Y'all, I've got 7 that I just put on lockdown. Three have already pipped, I'm hearing cheaps too, and I'm on day 24, almost 25 you would say, since Im three hours from midnight. Got my humidity up to 80% and I hope I can maintain. Do any of you reduce your temp during lockdown? I've read you should to 95*. :D. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have a good hatch this time! All my embryos are looking much better this go around. ;)

Back
Top Bottom