1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

April Hatch-Along!!!!!!! Whos with me?????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chriswardens52, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Chriswardens52

Chriswardens52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    DuckVille Montana
    Hey Everybody!!!! I just wanted some hatch-along buds! I set 11 Pekin Eggs In the homemade bator yesterday!!!! And i got 12 more coming hopefully today!!!. These are a mixture of Pekin eggs Rouen eggs Blue Swedish and Muscovy!!! Lets see what you have goin in!.[​IMG]

2. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I put 10 Acona and 9 Pencil Runners in on Thursday. Now the waiting starts. I am also hatching some chicks that are on day 10 today.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  3. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    I've got 6 eggs I set on the 12th. This is my first attempt at ducks. I hatched out 4 geese on 4/4. I have the ducks in a bator with 18 guinea eggs. I am keeping my humidity at 45-50, hand turning 3 times a day and keeping the still air hovabator at 102.5. I know the bator instructions state to use 99.5 but I have read that in a still air you need 102.5. Any thoughts?

4. ChicagoDucks

ChicagoDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Chicago
    Count me in!
    I have 4 Rouen eggs from my duck and 5 Campbell eggs that were shipped to me. They were set on the evening of April 2nd. They are in a home-made cabinet incubator, forced air at About 100° and 55% humidity.

I had 13 Cambells shipped to me, but only 9 made the trip intact. Most of the shipped eggs had weird air cells. 3 eggs did not make the first week, and I dropped one while I was turning them[​IMG]So now I have 5 left.

My 4 Rouen eggs had perfect air cells, and they are my "control group" so I can make sure that the humidity and air cell changes are right on track. And I haven't lost a single one.

They eggs will be spending lockdown at my daughter's preschool so her classmates can see the hatch. I am so excited for them to see the ducklings hatch!!

5. Chriswardens52

Chriswardens52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    DuckVille Montana
    Haha yay!!! I have some wierd air cells on mine too! I have those ones in egg cartons in my bator so that they can settle out and incubate at the same time! Having some trouble getting humidity up ther any ideas?

6. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    If my humidity drops I add a small amount of water, like maybe 2-3 tbs to the middle tray and it pops the humidity back to where it should be.

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I have 12 Magpie eggs due to hatch the 18th. Then I have some mixed ducks hatching out the 25th, and then some Lavender Muscovys hatching out May 2nd.

~ Aspen

8. SChunn

SChunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Cleveland, Tx
    I set my first duck eggs today. 6 pekins. I'm super excited.

9. Goin Quackrrs

Goin Quackrrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    Western Washington
    I'm setting a batch of mixed ducklings and black swedish in the morning. Two days ago, I set cayuga and khaki campbells. [​IMG]

10. Mum

Mum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    UK
    I have two KC eggs in a mini incubator and they are due to hatch in another 2 1/2 days [​IMG]

I have two KC eggs under a broody bantam and they are due 1 May [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by