1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

April hatchalong Spring is in the air!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Barred Rocker, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    I just loaded up the bator. 12 Barred Rocks, 12 Delawares, 12 New Hampshire reds and 6 Black Copper Marans. Everybody's due on April 1st. A bunch of April fools babies.

2. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I'm in!!!

I'm on the list for two dozen of cjexotic's beautiful Silkie eggs at the end of April so I'm setting a test hatch in my recently completed homemade fridgibator tonight! Don't wanna do a first hatch with the expensive eggs so I'm putting in 3 eggs from my black and splash Marans hens by my blue copper Marans roo. Also throwing in 3 crosses just for the heck of it - one BR/Blue Copper and two BO/Blue Copper. I'm SUPER interested to see what pops out of those crossed eggs [​IMG]

Got my reptitemp dialed and and that thing is holding a perfect 99.6 degrees so far. Humidity is a smidge high but I think I'm going to leave it as it will come down as the water gets a bit lower. Planning to set in a few hours - eggs are all marked and ready to go!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  3. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    I have to add my bantam that went broody this weekend. She's got 3 delaware and 2 Mille Fleur D'uccles under her due April 2

4. ilovebuffs

ilovebuffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Senoia, GA
    I'm in! I set mine last night. I've got 6 SLW, 5 BLRW, 1 Speckled Sussex, 2 BR/EE cross, 4 EE, 3 Salmon Favorelles, and 9 Cuckoo Marans. Eggs are from my flock and some I won in the March eggs swap. 30 eggs. Due on April 4th. Temps are at 99/100 degrees and humidity is at 40%. Woo Hoo!

5. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    my babies hatched yesterday, so im a little early [​IMG]

6. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    my babies hatched yesterday, so im a little early

You could always clean out the bator and set some more tonight [​IMG]

7. madrooster

madrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    villa rica ,ga
    im in,set 28 eggs last night 8 lavender orps,16 jersey giants,blues and blacks and a few of my own orps and riw. i cant wait to c how many blue and lavenders i get!!!!![​IMG]

8. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by