April Showers, Bring May Flowers.....NOT!!!!

Quote:
WOW! I live in Iowa and the wind just wont stop blowing, and right now its probably 40 degrees out and just a couple days ago it was 70, weird...
ep.gif
Hope it ets warmer
fl.gif

I hear you guys. 3 days ago I was admiring my blooming crocus, and checking the new growth on my perenials... then last night it dumped (DUMPED!!!) 15 inches of snow on us!! WAAAHHH! Hubby wasn't even planning on plowing because the ground's not really frozen, but had to anyway and dug big ruts in our driveway.

***Think Spring!!***

I live in Michigan and on Monday it was like in the 70's and wednesday it really kicked in and snowing and really blowing hard! The poor robins here were all over the place looking for a place to find food. Old Man Winter playing one last trick on all of us lol:(.

well, you sre in Canada
lol.png
. Now come on to Tennessee, oh wait, it's 35 degrees here. Hmmm wasn't it in the mid 80s last week? Hmmm.

I wish we'd get some of those April Showers!!! It's only rained here less than 5 times this year, and altogether we couldn't have gotten more than a couple inches. It rained about an inch back in February, and last week one day we got enough to barely dampen the ground. Y'all send some of that snow down here! They kept telling us our 'chance of showers' earlier in the week with the cold front coming down, but all we got was some wind. So we went from hot and dry to cool and dry. I want some rain!!!
barnie.gif

Cookinmom,

Ok... I'm gonna start shoveling all of the stuff out of my yard into a hefty bag. Think it'll stay frozen until it gets to you?
big_smile.png

That doesn't sound like average rainfall for you guys. I lived in Virginia back before I got married. Seemed like it REALLY poured. Flooded streets, blew transformers. It was a long time ago, though, so maybe I just don't remember...

Last edited:
I feel so bad for the spring birds that are looking for food. Thankfully the snow has melted quite a bit in southern Maine, and I hope in a day or 2 it is GONE!! Never to be seen again until next winter! I still say that I will take the winters here over the terrible storms over the southern and inland states get. I couldn't deal with tornado warnings and I hate thunderstorms especially SEVERE ones. I love Maine in all the seasons but winter. Merry

Quote:
I'll be looking for that hefty bag!!! It used to rain most of the winter and almost daily in the summer when I was a kid, but we had a drought a few years back, and it seems like every year since then (except the one where we had like 5 hurricanes in 6 weeks!) it has still been kind of dry. I will take dry over hurricanes any day though!!!! Dry doesn't make your power go out!
lol.png

Quote:
Same thing here in Iowa, I think we're paying for how nice December and November were. This darn wind is kill'n me

BBRRR from here in Louisiana... a few days ago it was in the 80's today our high is gonna be in the 50's ???? Dang it I hope my little bell peppers will make it, they say it might freeze tonite...

Stay warm !!!!!!! Miriam

Back
Top Bottom