April Showers Bring........SNOW?!?!

Oh how I know....during spring break (at least the name reminds us of what the season is if nothing else) the kids and I cleaned BIG TIME! My kids are 16, 14 & 12 and I got the typical moans and groans. We too live in an old farm house with a mile in between the closest neighbor. I had put the winter stuff in the basement as well and when we had all that rain the last couple of weeks....the basement flooded and we just got done having the house lifted and basement walls re-done and tuck pointed. Poor sump pump was working overtime. Needless to say, the kids almost missed the bus this morning. Trying to find the dry hats, gloves etc. My poor lilies, iris's etc. are shell shocked at this moment and I'm concerned they won't do anything else this year.
sad.png
But I have to give you credit there mom....you saved the day. Come down to Central Illinois and I'll brew the biggest cup of Joe you've ever seen for your troubles
big_smile.png

lol Thanks!
big_smile.png
Chickies are still inside today, just as an extra percaution...lol Tomorrow looks upper 50s and sunny, so they'll get back into the coop tomorrow. Might even get a little sun to melt away the remaining snow....<<sigh>>

You're not alone. Even way over her in Washington we'll get a day of almost 70, then snowflakes the next! It's nuts! We had a really nice week at the end of March, so I decided to plant some stuff. Yeah. A week later I was scraping ice off my windshield again. UGH. Good thing seeds are cheap.

I am feeling you on the snow the friday before easter was beautiful here in VA and then Sat. we woke up to 6 inches and blizzard like conditions and the power was out and we have 7 chicks who then were a few days old I spent the whole day with them in the hood of a sweat shirt wrapped in a blanket...........it was some good imprinting time though

Back
Top Bottom