Araucana Americana

FLGardenguy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 22, 2010
I bought some eggs advertised as Araucana...turns out there are also Americana in the group of breeders...i only want the true araucana...the eggs should be here in a day or so...i only found out about the additives of the americana after i bought them....should i just trash them..hatch them and try to get rid of them...i don't want tainted blood in my group so i'm cOnFuSeD....any ideas?

I've had the true araucana for many years but not of great numers...i've always had two at least...they are my favorite....i was matching my araucana eggs for paint years before Martha STewart...these easter eggers...are they hard to get rid of?....i have 4 pure araucana all tufted and rumpless which of course what i prefer but these guys aren't pure so maybe i'll just hatch them out and sell them....thanks for the help guys...

If you want more pure araucanas, there are plenty of people here who breed the real deal and sell hatching eggs. I just had a fantastic hatch from one of them! There is an araucana thread in this section of the board too. This section moves quickly, so in a matter of hours it can get booted from the first page.

It is up to you on whether you want to incubate the eggs, even if you don't want to keep them. You could always offer the chicks on craigslist for a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom