Araucana Pullet or Cockerel

Brownsfarm

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2024
Hi,
I have hatched two Araucanas which are now 7 weeks old, and one I am feeling sure is a boy. And his comb is getting red now.
The other however I have hoped is a girl. The comb is lighter with a bit of black, but no red coming in. However size of comb is concerning šŸ«£

IMG_3402.jpeg

Wondering if you have any thoughts on my Ameraucana as well? Itā€™s about 8 weeks old. Comb isnā€™t huge, but is pretty bumpy and quite red. Thanks!
IMG_8015.jpeg

Wondering if you have any thoughts on my Ameraucana as well? Itā€™s about 8 weeks old. Comb isnā€™t huge, but is pretty bumpy and quite red. Thanks! View attachment 3833507
8 weeks is kind of an in between age where even the girls can be red in the face sometimes. It's likely a boy, but i'd wait until 13 weeks when it's adult feathers start growing in.

8 weeks is kind of an in between age where even the girls can be red in the face sometimes. It's likely a boy, but i'd wait until 13 weeks when it's adult feathers start growing in.
Thanks. I have a lavender olive egger that is also getting redder. Hoping at least one of them is a pullet. Thoughts?
IMG_8023.jpeg
IMG_8022.jpeg

again 8 weeks is a difficult time to tell, but maybe a boy too. If they're red like this at 6 weeks then I'd say for sure a boy, but at 8 some girls go red too.
IMG_7700.jpeg
IMG_7704.jpeg
Hereā€™s a pic of them from around 6 weeks. First pic is the Ameraucana, second is the olive egger. The olive egger has always been a little runty and slow to feather.

Back
Top Bottom