Araucana sexing x 3

but aren’t aroucanas rumpless
The birds in this thread are not the American style Araucanas, that are supposed to be rumpless, with ear tufts, no muff/beard, no crest on the head.

But some other countries, including Australia and England, have Araucanas like the ones OP has: crest on the head, muff/beard on the face instead of ear tufts, tail either permitted or required (I forget which). The name of the breed is exactly the same, but the most obvious physical traits are quite different.

I am assuming the OP does not live in the USA, but is in a country where Araucanas are supposed to look like the ones they have.

The birds in this thread are not the American style Araucanas, that are supposed to be rumpless, with ear tufts, no muff/beard, no crest on the head.

But some other countries, including Australia and England, have Araucanas like the ones OP has: crest on the head, muff/beard on the face instead of ear tufts, tail either permitted or required (I forget which). The name of the breed is exactly the same, but the most obvious physical traits are quite different.

I am assuming the OP does not live in the USA, but is in a country where Araucanas are supposed to look like the ones they have.
Thank you! Yes I'm in Australia :) great to know thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom