Araucana thread anyone?

20200808_105720.jpg

This is Pingu. We hatched her from a fertile egg, came into the world the day after it changed as we knew it in march 2020. Called Pingu or Ping for short as she looked like a baby penguin as a chick ❤❤❤ i am in Lancashire in the UK 🇬🇧

Attachments

• 20200322_084032.jpg
    20200322_084032.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200322_084120.jpg
    20200322_084120.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 6
Hello AR world. Found a guy that may have black or blue Araucana tuffed hens/rooster within a reasonable 1-2 hr drive. Stated he ordered shipped eggs from Ann Charles. Maybe I'll get a pair for 2022?

Had to downsize significantly this Spring. Hoping to get back into the chicken game 2022. Some BCM and Araucana?

Currently, all I have right now is a few EE for eggs, but they are currently on strike. Their comb has gotten super red, so hoping to get some eggs soon.

Have you guys seens Ermirette Ameraucanas? They are a project color and not SOP, but they are beautiful. Would be super if there were Ermirette Araucanas. It's a gene mutation, not to be confused with splash coloring.

Miss my rainbow baskets, but I don't plan on getting as crazy as I was last year with hatching, etc.

Disclaimer: Erminette AM is not mine. Photo from Feathered Feet Farms FB, CA.

Attachments

• A3A53D42-61AA-4980-9969-896990CDA639.jpeg
    A3A53D42-61AA-4980-9969-896990CDA639.jpeg
    901 KB · Views: 5
I have to actually place an order still, but I found somewhere that I should be able to get some (although they'll be mixed colors).

On the hunt for a tailed and tuffed male though likely because I feel that this breeder doesn't keep any with tails and I've heard that can start causing problems of it isn't balanced

View attachment 2919133
This is Pingu. We hatched her from a fertile egg, came into the world the day after it changed as we knew it in march 2020. Called Pingu or Ping for short as she looked like a baby penguin as a chick ❤❤❤ i am in Lancashire in the UK 🇬🇧
British Araucanas are so cool (big fan of beard/muffs and Ameraucana breed). There probably are some folks in the US that may have them, but never have seen them locally.

It never made sense to me that UK's interpretation of Araucanas have no tuffs and are not rumpless. They are tailed, muffs and beard with hairtop/crest. When US imports breed from other countries, they usually adopt very similar breed standards for SOP of that country to be approved by APA/ABA. British Araucana is totally off the charts lol. As the guy who created the Araucana breed described them to be tuffed and rumpless 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Your B-AR is beauitful btw. Nice self-blue color. Or do they call that lavender in UK? Does UK have any Araucanas that have tuffs? Or even hybrid between Araucana and Ameraucana aka Ara-Ameraucana? Would have tuffs and muffs?

Here's my Ara-Ameraucana mutt from a season ago. I don't have her anymore, but she was super sweet. Was rumpless, bearded/muffs and double tuffed. It was a mix from Edd Sheppard strain Araucana x Ameraucana.
8B300594-622C-4C03-AD6B-6641EE1F2CDE.jpeg

3E420143-B749-4892-A0C3-649214AECD70.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered 3 doz eggs last week from Awesome Araucana/Edd Sheppard. After I hopefully hatch at least a couple from those by April, I’m going to source eggs from some members in the Araucana Club of America Facebook group. If anyone here has suggestions for egg sources I’d love them!
How'd your hatch? Or any updates since hatch day of your grow-outs? Edd Sheppard's roosters are super friendly.

I have to actually place an order still, but I found somewhere that I should be able to get some (although they'll be mixed colors).

On the hunt for a tailed and tuffed male though likely because I feel that this breeder doesn't keep any with tails and I've heard that can start causing problems of it isn't balanced
Remind me what part of the world you're from?

I haven't seen too many good photos of blue Araucanas, especially with nice lacing. The Ameraucana group crossed in Andulusian that has good lacing genes into Ameraucana BBS stock, and this is how they look like:

1639426035213.png

1639426073033.png

1639426126360.png

(Disclaimer: Ams photos are not mine. Russell Blair stock).

Have yet to see blue Araucanas get this nice in the blues.

Back
Top Bottom