Araucana thread anyone?

th.gif
Gah! I need some more of these! lol I only have one hen left and no shot at getting more because the Roo died.
Unless the mama can pass on the gene to some babies!

I have been looking over my now 8 week old Araucanas and I think they nicely segregate themselves into a BBS group with a blue, tufted, rumpless roo and a wild type group with the roo on the left above (he has a single tuft on the other side of his face). If I'm understanding the genetics correctly, since I don't have any wheaten birds, to make the wild types useful they will need to be duckwings. For that, I need silver (S) at least (and I don't know if I need anything else).

The photo above isn't the greatest quality, but the colors are true. Does anyone (Debi?) think either of these two carry silver?

Thanks!

Kirsten

Okay it's time again for the Ari "hour" lol lol

an action shot

Am I going to have to wait until molt for him to get his "robbed" tuft back?

Anyone breeding these birds in the Peoria area? I have a friend who is breeding them and looking for a white rooster. I will be in the area next week to pick up Javas and would love to pick him up one at the same time.

Do you know what the markings on the eggs for these 2 were?

Here are additional pics taken last week.

The two left-most:

The male Oriole (the bird on the left in the original pic and the brick red/black chick)

The female Sparrow (the bird on the right in the original and the chipmunk striped chick)

Thanks again for any info you can provide!

Kirsten

Last edited:
Okay it's time again for the Ari "hour" lol lol

Am I going to have to wait until molt for him to get his "robbed" tuft back?
Those jealous haters stole one of his beautiful tufts?? Poor Ari :-( Plucked feathers grow back right away, if they're broken off they don't grow back til they molt.
My boys are getting some way cool looking colors, the 2 girls are just plain ole' BBR and Black lol I'm keeping the 4 boys I've got left though, I'll never find these wild colors again.

Those jealous haters stole one of his beautiful tufts?? Poor Ari :-( Plucked feathers grow back right away, if they're broken off they don't grow back til they molt.
My boys are getting some way cool looking colors, the 2 girls are just plain ole' BBR and Black lol I'm keeping the 4 boys I've got left though, I'll never find these wild colors again.
Thanks for the answer. How old are yours? Any pics? They are Ari's brothers right?

Back
Top Bottom