Araucana thread anyone?

I have 2 double tufted cockerels that I need to rehome. They just don't meet my standard for breeding in the black pen. Both are black with some red leakage. One is double tufted/rumpless and the other is double tufted with a partial tail. They are free for the cost to ship them. They may not work for my breeding blacks but someone working with other colors could certainly use them. They have great tufts, nice tight red combs, I just wish they didn't have the red leakage. Someone working with other colors should be able to used these guys. There's not a whole lot of leakage but they are young and there may be more as they mature more. Ready to breed hens now.

the partial tailed one, not showing red here but it's coming in here and there on the neck

Taken
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
I totally thought I lost one of my Araucana hens. I count my birds each night, and one came up missing. I looked for her, or signs of predation, but turned up nothing. But she came back. I half expected her to come back with chicks in tow, but she is alone. I wonder if she was sitting on a hidden nest and then gave up? I am just glad she is not lost as originally thought!

I was going to get some from them but they run all of their colors together. They have bbr, duckwings, blue and blacks together, so they will be a bit of a genetic mess in terms of colors.
hmm.png
If you aren't going to breed or show they would be fine.

I got 4 pullets from them this spring. You can see pictures of them in post #7362. They were sent to me at the end of April as 8 week olds. I asked for bbr/red pullets - they sent blues and dark colors. They were supposed to be tufted - all were clean faced. They all have properly colored legs and their conformation is good. It would be nice if they did not advertise they are selling only double tufted birds when they send clean faced. They have not laid eggs yet so I do not know what color of eggs they lay. I thought their prices were pretty low for started Araucana pullets at $25.00 each (+ shipping of $85.00 for all 4 birds) . At that price, it is pretty hard to expect tufted birds.

Aloha kakou

I'm bringing in a bunch of eggs from my friend Edd. He has been breeding Araucanas for 40 years. Just got recertified NPIP. Great prices. I think he has too many birds. Check him out at awesomearaucanas.

I'll let you guys know about how my hatch went in about a month.

kden, Puhi

Aloha kakou

I'm bringing in a bunch of eggs from my friend Edd. He has been breeding Araucanas for 40 years. Just got recertified NPIP. Great prices. I think he has too many birds. Check him out at awesomearaucanas.

I'll let you guys know about how my hatch went in about a month.

kden, Puhi
Thanks, I know Edd too. He's been breeding for years but just recently put up his website.

Back
Top Bottom