Araucana thread anyone?

That's what we did with our hens eggs!! It takes forever to get the yolk part out though!!
smile.png

Here's the secret to not getting migraines blowing them out. Get a syringe and a 16 guage needle. Pull the plunger back filling it with air. Carefully insert it into the egg at the point you want you hole with a twisting motion like you are screwing in a screw. Make the hole a little larger than then the needle. Swirl the needle around inside to break up the yolk and then holding it over a bowl start injecting the air. It will come flowing out. you may have to swirl a couple of more times to break up yolk membrane but it will eventually all come out with out giving you a headache. Warning though: If you have a hair line crack in the egg that you missed it might explode on you when you inject the air. I have only had one do this but it startled the heck out of me and made me clean up a mess.

Morning all,
I have to tell you guys(and gals) it is a pleasure to just read your posts on the genetics of these amazing birds...

Great suggestion with the syringe for blowing out eggs.

I have a problem...my chick,/ juvie, that I hatched out on memorial day is trying to crow this morning...unfortunately he has to go. He was from eggs from Ray nDebi. Rumpless,clean faced , black with red laced feathers around his neck and chest. All the eggs were labeled but multiple chicks hatched out over night so I don't know who he came from. My husband will want to have him for dinner. I need to rehome him. Is there anyone on this thread that lives in the Long Island area? I don't want to just give him to anyone. Most people , even chicken people don't realize how special these birds are.
Debi will know the particulars on this bird. Although you don't know me, if you ask around on the Dutchess count southern Ny thread you can get an idea about me.
Thanks Carol

I just can't believe he is crowing so soon. Not even 7 full weeks. From my description of him, whos child is he? I would really like to rehome him and then use him with the one that I know is going to be a girl. She is grey with one black wing ,one tuft and has a tail. I just want some(2) Araucana girls with tufts and rumpless. Is that too much to ask for in life.......

Thanks Rumbull! I am a complete moron on color and genetics.... if you cant tell! Lol! I really appreciate any help I can get!
hugs.gif

I don't think your hen is blue birchen. Here is a pic from the net of a black birchen. You can fade the black to blue to know what a blue birchen would look like.

And here is a picture of a silver duckwing. This is one of Lanae's birds. Once again, if add blue, this looks closer to your hens color.

It looks like extrajava has a blue cockerel with red leakage.

Back
Top Bottom