Araucana thread anyone?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by hatching egg ndoles and I don't know what LF means. I'm new to this. :) I hatched Araucan black breasted red and lavender. They're only Araucana and I'm keeping them separate from the other chicks I have.

Can anyone here tell me how to sex an Araucana chick? Thanks!
How old is the chick? Posting pictures can help. Because of the pea combs and almost nonexistant wattles, Araucanas can be a little difficult to sex until they get older. Unless you know how to vent sex, which is what hatcheries do to sex day olds.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by hatching egg ndoles and I don't know what LF means. I'm new to this. :) I hatched Araucan black breasted red and lavender. They're only Araucana and I'm keeping them separate from the other chicks I have.

LF means Large Fowl, so birds that are not bantam sized.

Yes I have white araucana ! bantams and they have tails, their legs a blue gray in color and they are my best layers, nice blue and some light green, I bought eggs on ebay and hatched them out. when they hatched I thought this can not be, not everyone was white, some were light gray, yellow color. emailed the seller and she said check wing feathers, so I did...yep the wing tips were all white, and in 2 weeks I could not tell who was who, they were all white, they are my best layers, not real little egg's either.

Yes I have white araucana ! bantams and they have tails, their legs a blue gray in color and they are my best layers, nice blue and some light green, I bought eggs on ebay and hatched them out. when they hatched I thought this can not be, not everyone was white, some were light gray, yellow color. emailed the seller and she said check wing feathers, so I did...yep the wing tips were all white, and in 2 weeks I could not tell who was who, they were all white, they are my best layers, not real little egg's either.

are sure they arent white ameraucana bantams. Araucanas arent suppose to have tails

are sure they arent white ameraucana bantams. Araucanas arent suppose to have tails

If the OP is in the United States, then Araucanas aren't supposed to have tails. But in the UK and Australia, tails are part of the Araucana standard.

But even the best flock of Araucanas can have recessive tails pop up. Since rumplessness is dominant, it is easy enough to breed into a flock.

I'd be a little concerned that you didn't get true Araucanas, Goldspur. The leg color, for one. White Araucanas are supposed to have yellow legs, . And the fact that you got ALL tails in the mix. Not a single rumpless chick? Can you post a link to the seller's listing, like if they have a new auction up?

Here is a small blurb on shank color. This picture from the writeup is very useful, too

Araucanas are supposed to have willow shanks or black with yellow soles. Except for whites, whites can have yellow legs.

If the OP is in the United States, then Araucanas aren't supposed to have tails. But in the UK and Australia, tails are part of the Araucana standard.

But even the best flock of Araucanas can have recessive tails pop up. Since rumplessness is dominant, it is easy enough to breed into a flock.

I'd be a little concerned that you didn't get true Araucanas, Goldspur. The leg color, for one. White Araucanas are supposed to have yellow legs, . And the fact that you got ALL tails in the mix. Not a single rumpless chick? Can you post a link to the seller's listing, like if they have a new auction up?

Here is a small blurb on shank color. This picture from the writeup is very useful, too

Araucanas are supposed to have willow shanks or black with yellow soles. Except for whites, whites can have yellow legs.
I know there are tailed araucanas in the UK and austrilia. I forgot to look at location, but looking at their location I have no idea where that is. And like you said the leg color is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom