Araucana thread anyone?

exoticducklover,

I really like the splash tufted hen. Congratulations. Are they large fowl or bantams? They look fairly good size.

Lanae

Bantam although 1 is a little long legged. They are grown except 1 is just a few months old. I was supposed to have gotten a nice black dbl tufted one but a predator got into his pen and got it and some others

42359_araucanasfancy.jpg

Two Tufty Mctufts, not cooperating with the camera.

Very nice cluckcluck42,

Their coloring is beautiful and I love their tufts even if they are turned away from the camera. Isn't that how it always goes when you go to take the pic they are staring at you when you look at the pic later you somehow managed to get a side shot.

Lanae

Thanks guys.
big_smile.png
I can't wait to see what they look like all growed up. And yes you are right- chickens have an uncanny sense on how to ruin any photograph. They are also good at teasing you with a great shot, then when your finger hits the button, they've turned their head or started to poop.

Ah yes, the crafty chicken poop in the picture. I have hundreds of georgous photos that I will never show because there is a huge pile of poop in the shot. It seems that is when they poop the biggest mess too.

Lanae

Illia,
You just breed standards, right? Like the dilute splash I liked a few weeks ago (and got the nix from hubby)...
*sigh*
I'm slightly leaning toward getting a cockerel bantam... Wondering what DH would do. Oops, he must've jumped over the 6' fence.
lol.png

I have a beautiful bantam roo you can have if you pay for shipping. I would even throw his girlfriend in the box with him. He is a blue red and his girl is a black. They are both rumpless and clean faced. Just thought I would throw that out there. They are my only bantams.

P.M. me if your interested.

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom