Araucana thread anyone?

Thank you both! Now I really need your help.

I bought a group of chicks from a reputable breeder. I bought BCMs and one black Ameraucana. One chick started to look very different. These are pics when she was a couple of months old.

Stacykins, I asked you about her months ago. I am sure you don't remember.

This is her now. She doesn't have much of a comb. Yellow feet.
She is about the size of my 10 week old Cream Legbars.

These are her eggs. Very small, blue and white inside.

The only chickens he has that she could possibly be is an araucana.
Tailed and tuftless.

Can you help? What is she?

If she came from a group of birds from a breeder with BCM and Ameraucana, I'd suspect she is an Ameraucana without muffs or a beard. Muffs and beards are a dominant trait, but it is possible for them to throw a recessive bird with none of them (cleanfaced). If the breeder kept Araucana, then I'd think she is an Araucana.

Sorry, I often get busy and leave the forum for periods of time. Or forget to check back on threads!

If she came from a group of birds from a breeder with BCM and Ameraucana, I'd suspect she is an Ameraucana without muffs or a beard. Muffs and beards are a dominant trait, but it is possible for them to throw a recessive bird with none of them (cleanfaced). If the breeder kept Araucana, then I'd think she is an Araucana.

Sorry, I often get busy and leave the forum for periods of time. Or forget to check back on threads!
Thanks..... he has Araucanas. He has Ameraucanas and BCM...... but he has an amazing set up too. I don't see how she is anything but Araucana.

BTW.... you were very helpful a couple of months ago.

Quote: Not to sound rude, but six eggs were $125? Ouch!

And I was upset after spending $80 on a dozen eggs that arrived broken because the "breeder" shipped them in toilet paper.

Marans eggs should not cost that much, no matter how dark they are or where they came from. Someone laughed all the way to the bank.
bow.gif

Here is that tailed hen we were talking about earlier. Mine looks just like the one in question. She was even posing for her photo shoot. I also shared a few pics of my tailed, tuffed Roo. I REALLY wish he was rumpless. He is super sweet!

Here is that tailed hen we were talking about earlier. Mine looks just like the one in question. She was even posing for her photo shoot. I also shared a few pics of my tailed, tuffed Roo. I REALLY wish he was rumpless. He is super sweet!

Thank you so much for posting this..... i knew that is what she had to be. Your girl could be a twin. Again thank you and Ravyn Fallen for solving the mystery!

I like the tailed boy very much. Did I read somewhere a tailed to untailed is a stronger breeding?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting this..... i knew that is what she had to be.  Your girl could be a twin.  Again thank you and Ravyn Fallen for solving the mystery!

I like the tailed boy very much.  Did I read somewhere a tailed to untailed is a stronger breeding?

Arg!! Sorry, I forgot to post pics! lol... sorry the pics aren't better...

Tailed in back, rumpless up front...

Arg!! Sorry, I forgot to post pics! lol... sorry the pics aren't better...

Tailed in back, rumpless up front...

Don't apologize...... your expertise was enough to ease my mind. Brat Flock recognized what she was too! The pictures are her! I am just glad to know. Now I have to change my signature..... she is no longer a mystery!

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom