Araucana thread anyone?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by megcpat, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Sorry for the confusion!

2. JTRZWestminster

JTRZWestminster In the Brooder

Apr 5, 2013
    [​IMG]

Two of my Araucanas.

1 person likes this.
  3. ForrestGump

ForrestGump Chirping

Feb 19, 2016
    Napavine, WA
    My chick did have some problems but I'm not sure why. Maybe it was the "failure to thrive" phenomenon that Arauacana folks talk about. Chickie would not figure out how to open his beak to eat. He would just sit there and cry because he was hungry but couldn't figure out how to fix his problem.

Finally, he did learn! He is 3 weeks old now and doing quite well. Eating up a storm and gaining about 10 grams everyday, which is good for a chick his size. It seems his tufts are coming out from his chin under his beak instead of behind his ears like they are supposed to. A cute little freak baby he is!

1 person likes this.
  4. riccischickies

riccischickies In the Brooder

Apr 23, 2014
    She was at the time, just started. My dog started killing my chickens and I hurried and sold my araucanas and gave away the rest of my chickens.

5. riccischickies

riccischickies In the Brooder

Apr 23, 2014
    I got my araucana Fergie from Shannon, shortly after she quit raising Araucanas. Lanae Cash has my Fergie

6. chickengr

chickengr Free Ranging

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    I am getting a trio, 75 days old. I hope to have better luck with these as my araucanas are poor layers. anyone else has laying issues with rumpless araucanas? mine lay a few eggs then stop for months. it will be a miracle if I get 50 eggs a year.

7. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

My bantam rumpless are egg laying machines... I think it might be either an issue with that line or individual... :confused:

8. granites2001

granites2001 Songster

I have large fowl and mine are really good layers. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    We are extremely pleased and honored to welcome Apollo from Lisa Helms of Granite Hills Farm to his new home with us!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apollo will be instrumental in turning our Araucana project around and on proper track... I cannot express enough how pleased we are with him, quality and personality both... I highly recommend Lisa's Araucanas to anyone and everyone that is lucky enough to get them...

Thank you, Lisa... he is a treasure and a sweetheart...
    @granites2001

2 people like this.
  10. granites2001

granites2001 Songster

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: