Araucana thread anyone?

I thought I'd let everyone know that we are back into araucanas! My family was at a show a couple weeks back and won a pair of white araucana bantams. Not the BBR largefowl that I wanted but I'm sure I can use them somehow. The rooster has the weight of a cornish, very hefty guy
Would you be interested in a black, rumpless, double tufted bantam roo. I bought him and a hen from someone local and they were supposed to be LF and weren't. I lost the hen to a pretator but I still have him. He is a real sweet heart too. He is black with just a little leakage.

I have what is supposedly an araucanas chick,but her colors look like golden cuckoo!She has a big tail&cheeks,she's about a month old now.
Unless you live in the UK, she is not an Araucana. Color aside, fluffy cheeks are muffs and more likely an Easter Egger. Tails do occur, although not standard for Araucana but combined with puffy cheeks, sounds like not Araucana. Can you post photo's? If you're not familiar with seeing the difference in muffs (Easter Egger) and tufts (Araucana) in chicks, you might not be able to tell the difference.

If you cannot post photo's, here are a couple of photo's to help you figure it out on your own.

This is one of my own Araucana chicks, these are tufts

This is an Easter Egger chick, I posted a link since it's not my photo or chick

http://www.whitemountainsranch.org/uploads/6/0/3/4/6034054/5560040.jpg?594

We recently added some young araucanas to our website that are for sale they include two silver duckwing and a silver with red enhancers.....See signature block for website or look up Die Fly Ranch.

Back
Top Bottom