Araucana thread anyone?

Quote:
Well, at last count I think 29-plus some in the incubator- plus a pair of grey call ducks. We got rid of the quail over the summer (why our user name is coturnix). I asked my sister if she thought I needed to see a "quack" and then informed her that is why I have call ducks! You know you have a problem when your house is a mess because you are too busy watching the chicks sleeping in the brooder or checking the incubator or doing anything that involves chickens-like my son had his SOP book out and was going over a rooster today!

Last edited:
Well, at last count I think 24-plus some in the incubator- plus a pair of grey call ducks. We got rid of the quail over the summer (why our user name is coturnix). I asked my sister if she thought I needed to see a "quack" and then informed her that is why I have call ducks! You know you have a problem when your house is a mess because you are too busy watching the chicks sleeping in the brooder or checking the incubator or doing anything that involves chickens-like my son had his SOP book out and was going over a rooster today!

o thats not bad. I have 67. I go to the barn to work as i have so many things that need to be done, but halfof the time i end up petting and watching them rather than working.

How much-and what size-for prints? I love the BBR and gold duckwing.

8x10's are $25 each of individual prints (signed and numbered)

Sets of all 5 prints are $100 (8x10's)

If you want larger sizes I have a link where you can purchase them. Just let me know and I will post it. Shipping is $15.. I take payment via paypal or postal money order. Thanks.

I have, what I think is, a beautiful splash pullet that I hatched from BBS eggs from Ray_n_Debi. I have no experience with Araucanas and am making my way through this thread. Is it "normal" for tufts to grow "circular"/"around" instead of "back and away" from the face?

Thank you for the compliments, but Ray_n_Debi have to get any credit for her beauty!

Maybe I should rephrase the question. The Standard calls for "Shape -- Female - Ear-tufts: Good length, matching in size, well defined curve."
Hers are of good length and the size is the same but position is not matching. Is this strike one? The right side seems to be "correct" but her left are the ones in question. She is 4 1/2 months old, will the shape/position of the tufts she has now remain the same when she is an adult? Do they change with subsequent molts? Do people who show "train" the tufts the way people who have boxers or dobes with cut ears "train" them?

Thank you for the compliments, but Ray_n_Debi have to get any credit for her beauty!

Maybe I should rephrase the question. The Standard calls for "Shape -- Female - Ear-tufts: Good length, matching in size, well defined curve."
Hers are of good length and the size is the same but position is not matching. Is this strike one? The right side seems to be "correct" but her left are the ones in question. She is 4 1/2 months old, will the shape/position of the tufts she has now remain the same when she is an adult? Do they change with subsequent molts? Do people who show "train" the tufts the way people who have boxers or dobes with cut ears "train" them?
Her tufts are fine for show, however her color is not an approved color so she would need to be sold under AOV All Other Varieties. If it is an APA show you still may get dinged because her color is not true to any approved color for any breed. But I say go for it.

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom