Araucana thread anyone?

I have rumpless araucanas, 1 boy and 2 girls. unfortunately they all are clean faced and full siblings. I wanted to buy another girl, but sold out. so I am going for easter eggers and olive eggers only. I am thinking to either get some eggs or buy a pullet next spring.

all of them have clean butts so far. but I found some posts people complaining about low fertility in rumpless birds.

about my part of the world: crazy! I cannot figure out who owns EU.

Fertility is something I looked into as well, the advice I was given is that trimming is good for the owner, but to be show birds they can't be trimmed. People have told me they haven't had problems due to feathers. Fingers crossed for a new girl soon, and congrats on the ones you have now. Those are newer birds for you right? I saw pics of your Greek birds before, I think. The EU belongs to whomever is making the most off the misery of the people... a bit like our politics. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a special sadist club that the politicians, community through national, belong to. Or maybe it's a special brain surgery that renders the patient unaware of any other living thing around, lol. I keep folks that live in the EU close to my heart and in my mind.

Fertility is something I looked into as well, the advice I was given is that trimming is good for the owner, but to be show birds they can't be trimmed. People have told me they haven't had problems due to feathers. Fingers crossed for a new girl soon, and congrats on the ones you have now. Those are newer birds for you right? I saw pics of your Greek birds before, I think. The EU belongs to whomever is making the most off the misery of the people... a bit like our politics. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a special sadist club that the politicians, community through national, belong to. Or maybe it's a special brain surgery that renders the patient unaware of any other living thing around, lol. I keep folks that live in the EU close to my heart and in my mind.

a year ago I discovered araucanas and marans. I was dreaming about them and thought it would be difficult to find them. now I have 3 araucanas (1boy,2 girls) and 3 bcm (1 boy, 2 girls). I still have 2 greek hooded hens. both of them were broody, 1 hatched 1 brahma pullet (I was given eggs, not sure if they were good) and another got broody when it was too hot so didn't hatch any. after that I was told not to set any broody after end of april.

I have a question: why does my araucana boy hate his sister? he even doesn't let her eat. he has no problem with the other chickens, even not with a marans cockerel. I have noticed the same behavior in another coop with 1 yo chickens. there are 3 pullets (about 5-6 mo) and my roos don't let them eat, even don't try to mate them. but there is another cockerel who came with them so maybe they are considered his girls - that might be an excuse. but no excuse for the araucana boy. is it possible that he wouldn't mate his sister?

I agree there might be some sadist club and they torture all of us. I don't know if they do the same to you but they spray us from the planes to keep us calm. some pilots revealed the truth. I wonder if that spraying is the reason why roos peck on hens instead of mating and why hens stopped laying. it is still warm here but almost all the hens stopped laying - people from all greece complain. I guess I am lucky as I do get some eggs (today 1, yesterday 5, usually 3 - out of 11 laying hens).

a year ago I discovered araucanas and marans. I was dreaming about them and thought it would be difficult to find them. now I have 3 araucanas (1boy,2 girls) and 3 bcm (1 boy, 2 girls). I still have 2 greek hooded hens. both of them were broody, 1 hatched 1 brahma pullet (I was given eggs, not sure if they were good) and another got broody when it was too hot so didn't hatch any. after that I was told not to set any broody after end of april.

I have a question: why does my araucana boy hate his sister? he even doesn't let her eat. he has no problem with the other chickens, even not with a marans cockerel. I have noticed the same behavior in another coop with 1 yo chickens. there are 3 pullets (about 5-6 mo) and my roos don't let them eat, even don't try to mate them. but there is another cockerel who came with them so maybe they are considered his girls - that might be an excuse. but no excuse for the araucana boy. is it possible that he wouldn't mate his sister?

I agree there might be some sadist club and they torture all of us. I don't know if they do the same to you but they spray us from the planes to keep us calm. some pilots revealed the truth. I wonder if that spraying is the reason why roos peck on hens instead of mating and why hens stopped laying. it is still warm here but almost all the hens stopped laying - people from all greece complain. I guess I am lucky as I do get some eggs (today 1, yesterday 5, usually 3 - out of 11 laying hens).

I don't think roos are too picky except for the pecking order. As far as spraying, nothing has been officially confirmed but other countries have talked about it. Over here it's said that it's for weather control. But whatever is going on we do have Chem trails instead of con trails often making network patterns in our skies. I think that the governments would find that Marijuana is cheaper to use and taxable, lol.

Next year I'll have some split to lavenders with that big lavender rooster of mine. For at least a few weeks I'll pair him off with some of the black girls for some hatching eggs! After that, I'll mostly use this rooster with no red leakage.

Next year I'll have some split to lavenders with that big lavender rooster of mine. For at least a few weeks I'll pair him off with some of the black girls for some hatching eggs! After that, I'll mostly use this rooster with no red leakage.

nice birds!

I need some help from the Araucana experts please. What color is the inside of an Araucana Egg?

Blue just like the outside.

Yep! The color of the actual shell, inside and out, is blue. A white egg is white, inside an out. Blue is a dominant shell color to white.

A green egg is a blue egg with green tinting on the outside. The inside of the shell will be blue. A brown egg is a white egg with tinting, the inside of the shell will be white.

Yep! The color of the actual shell, inside and out, is blue. A white egg is white, inside an out. Blue is a dominant shell color to white.

A green egg is a blue egg with green tinting on the outside. The inside of the shell will be blue. A brown egg is a white egg with tinting, the inside of the shell will be white.
Thank you both! Now I really need your help.

I bought a group of chicks from a reputable breeder. I bought BCMs and one black Ameraucana. One chick started to look very different. These are pics when she was a couple of months old.

Stacykins, I asked you about her months ago. I am sure you don't remember.

This is her now. She doesn't have much of a comb. Yellow feet.
She is about the size of my 10 week old Cream Legbars.

These are her eggs. Very small, blue and white inside.

The only chickens he has that she could possibly be is an araucana.
Tailed and tuftless.

Can you help? What is she?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom