Araucana thread anyone?

We are extremely pleased and honored to welcome Apollo from Lisa Helms of Granite Hills Farm to his new home with us!!

Apollo will be instrumental in turning our Araucana project around and on proper track... I cannot express enough how pleased we are with him, quality and personality both... I highly recommend Lisa's Araucanas to anyone and everyone that is lucky enough to get them...

Thank you, Lisa... he is a treasure and a sweetheart...
@granites2001
GORGEOUS!!!!!!

We are extremely pleased and honored to welcome Apollo from Lisa Helms of Granite Hills Farm to his new home with us!!

Apollo will be instrumental in turning our Araucana project around and on proper track... I cannot express enough how pleased we are with him, quality and personality both... I highly recommend Lisa's Araucanas to anyone and everyone that is lucky enough to get them...

@granites2001

@granites2001
You are very welcome! He has a great new home. We are thrilled that he can help someone else like he has helped us. His son, Syrus, is breeding for us now and will enter his first shows in March and April 2017.

You are very welcome!   He has a great new home.   We are thrilled that he can help someone else like he has helped us.   His son, Syrus, is breeding for us now and will enter his first shows in March and April 2017.   :cd

I have no doubt Syrus will do exceptional! But please keep us posted on his progress, would love to hear about it... and we will definitely keep you posted about Apollo and his offspring here... super excited and can't wait to see his babies!

GORGEOUS!!!!!! 

He absolutely is, inside as well as out... all that credit is Lisa's... but we are proud to have him and look forward to our future line... :)

My bantam rumpless are egg laying machines... I think it might be either an issue with that line or individual...
hu.gif
1 has never shown any symptom of illness and she laid 2 eggs in 3 last days. I will see if she continuous. the other one keeps going to the nest but does not lay. that looks like some health issue.I will see what happens with the new ones as they come from the same place.

I did have IB and fowl pox last year. there is a possibility that they remained damaged from that although they didn't have a lot of symptoms so I don't know if they had been sick at all. the one that goes to the nest and don't lay had a problem when she laid her first egg. she looked like dying. she also had swollen face a few months ago.

1 has never shown any symptom of illness and she laid 2 eggs in 3 last days. I will see if she continuous. the other one keeps going to the nest but does not lay. that looks like some health issue.I will see what happens with the new ones as they come from the same place.

I did have IB and fowl pox last year. there is a possibility that they remained damaged from that although they didn't have a lot of symptoms so I don't know if they had been sick at all. the one that goes to the nest and don't lay had a problem when she laid her first egg. she looked like dying. she also had swollen face a few months ago.

IB could very well mess with their reprductive capabilities... even if they didn't show symptoms, they'll be carrying it... not sure what it might do to carriers that don't show symptoms... :confused:

IB could very well mess with their reprductive capabilities... even if they didn't show symptoms, they'll be carrying it... not sure what it might do to carriers that don't show symptoms...
hu.gif

good question and possible answer: my birds with symptoms healed and lay. the birds without symptoms are poor layers. possible reason: I didn't treat the birds without symptoms. a beginner's mistake.

good question and possible answer: my birds with symptoms healed and lay. the birds without symptoms are poor layers. possible reason: I didn't treat the birds without symptoms. a beginner's mistake.

Don't beat yourself up... learn and continue on... :)

Might want to start your new ones on a preventative regimen before introducing them into your flock though... just in case...

What is IB?

My araucanas are also poor layers. When they are laying I will get 5 or 6 eggs a week, and then they will just stop and take a break for months on end. I've probably gotten a dozen or so eggs from each of them this year, and now no one is laying.

My new stock from a different line all ended up being cockerels, so I guess I'm out of luck getting some more layers. There were two chicks that died - they were probably pullets.
sad.png

What is IB?

My araucanas are also poor layers. When they are laying I will get 5 or 6 eggs a week, and then they will just stop and take a break for months on end. I've probably gotten a dozen or so eggs from each of them this year, and now no one is laying.

My new stock from a different line all ended up being cockerels, so I guess I'm out of luck getting some more layers. There were two chicks that died - they were probably pullets.
sad.png

My Araucana lay amazingly! They go right through spring and summer and then take a break and start again in February :)

Back
Top Bottom