Araucana thread anyone?

make sure you never hatch pullets eggs, especially bresse. they either don't hatch or chicks are weak and die. my friend's experience.
Well, they'll be hens in 2 months. I'm putting in another dozen of mine along with some hatching eggs from another breeder. I currently have 7 pullets and 2 cockerels. 3 pullets and 1 cockerel are 18 weeks old. They'll be laying in the next 4 weeks or so, although they are much smaller at that age than my original flock was at the same age.

Blue girl that just started laying in February has gone broody. Her Roo is quite fierce and she looks like she could be too. Their first hatch yielded two double tufted chicks: a black and a blue. Hope they can keep the snakes away.
4249AF3B-DD9E-4D0F-A50A-90E8C8C14A67.jpeg

Getting rather irritated at being told I live too far away to ship eggs or live birds. I've had eggs shipped farther with decent rates and I literally have no one local (within the state) that has this breed and is willing to even sell hatching eggs
I’ll send you some eggs. I’ve been on eBay and no one cares how far they travel and I haven’t gotten any news of poor hatches.

Really? Awesome. Are they on your shop still? I can't remember if I saw them when you first posted the link
I have photos on my site I think. I can send photos. They are all pullets that started laying in the past month or two. The blue one with the chicks had just started laying not long before she went broody. I have three that are laying now. A recessive White clean faced rumpless, a single tufted black rumpless and a dt cuckoo tailed. They are with Bugle Boy a blue wheaten dt rumpless. The Roo is from Simone Roland. The pullets are from Ann Charles. They are all laying green/blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom