Araucana thread anyone?

Confused Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

So much leakage! lol I do want some blues, though.

Confused Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek

So much leakage! lol I do want some blues, though.
You'd like my blue hen then. She's solid apart from like two feathers thar look half black.

I like his butt honestly. A lot of my girls look like cochin butts, though that could just be how rheyre supposed to look. I'm thinking of pairing him with my nice tufted gal to get some blues and Blacks. Otherwise I don't think he'll make blues with my other tufted one.

You'd like my blue hen then. She's solid apart from like two feathers thar look half black.

I like his butt honestly. A lot of my girls look like cochin butts, though that could just be how rheyre supposed to look. I'm thinking of pairing him with my nice tufted gal to get some blues and Blacks. Otherwise I don't think he'll make blues with my other tufted one.
Okay, I lied kinda. I really like his color too. I know it's not ideal, but it's just so much to look at. Especially the pale gold on his bum. It's like a collage of color on one bird. Plus I'm not showing or breeding to show, so I won't complain about eye candy. When I move, I'll probably keep a mixed color pen as well as a white pen and cuckoo pen

Who is hatching? 🙈 I have hatch fever. Incubator is out. Bummed it's not Araucanas. We'll see if I have any luck this year finding some local Araucanas.

RN, I'm incubating Ameraucanas. So far, 10/10 is developing. Will know in 2 weeks what the hatch rate is.

I went to feed store about 6-7 weeks ago picked up some 'wyandottes' lo and behold I ended up with lavender Aurcana's, iv never owned Aurcana's, so any tips for looking after them would be great, and could you guys by any chance help me guess the gender of my 7-8 week old Aurcana's

Who is hatching? 🙈 I have hatch fever. Incubator is out. Bummed it's not Araucanas. We'll see if I have any luck this year finding some local Araucanas.

RN, I'm incubating Ameraucanas. So far, 10/10 is developing. Will know in 2 weeks what the hatch rate is.
I really wanna hatch, just not sure it's in the cards this year.

Have two of my araucanas laying, but bummed, the eggs are not the blue I was expecting them to be like on their breed page from where I got them

I went to feed store about 6-7 weeks ago picked up some 'wyandottes' lo and behold I ended up with lavender Aurcana's, iv never owned Aurcana's, so any tips for looking after them would be great, and could you guys by any chance help me guess the gender of my 7-8 week old Aurcana's
Lucky you, they are beautiful birds and FULL of personality 😍:D

I really wanna hatch, just not sure it's in the cards this year.

Have two of my araucanas laying, but bummed, the eggs are not the blue I was expecting them to be like on their breed page from where I got them
Some parents may lay greenish blue eggs, and then the babies may lay solid blue eggs. Funny how genetics work in weird ways.

Back
Top Bottom