Araucana thread anyone?

can't post her at the Araucana site. I already got in trouble there once. Just send Steve this way to the thread here

She has a great personality and frequently jumps up into my lap but I find her looks very unappealing. I only let them have a couple of eggs when they go broody. Hate the thought of making them sit on ceramic eggs and them not get to hatch anything out. I have 1 poult that I let the broody raise as is a wild child. can't get near her and to little Roo that I think are beautiful Flame and Frost I named them. I know they have to go or some of the roo's from the chicks I got from the breeder. I am not looking for show quality but would like some nice looking birds. Rumpless, Tufted, and pretty colored. I think my best bet is going to be to cull all of the chicks I bought from that breeder expect for Ginger & Scarlet because they are my sweeties and are so pretty
Scarlet
101.jpg

Ginger
169.jpg

Wilds of pa, I have a pair of yours i won in an auction back in the spring I think. Just would love a few more to go with them. I tried to bid on the pair you had a few weeks ago but couldnt get to my computer the morning it ended. Just please keep me in mind. I love your birds!

Thanks for all the name suggestions ;-)

We are sending all the suggested names to the judging panel (nephews) and will figure out what we'll get.
I, too, tend to like Tartar & FishStick and hubby likes Pebbles & Bam-Bam (given their prehistoric ancestory).

key west chick, i thought you sounded fermilar... when i get these hens squared away i will pm you. as for cockerels as of now, I'm down to one left, so the hens may have to go by themselves at this point.
should be able to do 2 to a box.

i think i have like 4-5 100% rumpless/clean-faced young hens that may not make the cut here, most lay a nice blue egg... will be tough to pick and choose from the groups here.

My shipment of Tufts came in. Not the best but just what I wanted
001.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-1.jpg

012-3.jpg

020-2.jpg

These 2 little roo's I let my Black Rumpless hatch. Cross with my white roo with slate legs
Frost
037.jpg

Flame
060-1.jpg

I have a few rumpless roosters with single and buttercup combs and no tufts. What breed could these be? They were included in a surprise special from Ideal Poultry.

Well, if they were sold as eater eggers or Ameraucana/Araucana from a hatchery, they could be an Araucana bred to something else producing wild colors and diffrent combs, that or it could be a rumpless EE bred to another EE with the diffrent combs. I'm no expert but I'd say it is probably the latter, and I can say I've never heard of a chicken that's rumpless with a butter-cup or a single comb, other than EE's (could just be me though
hide.gif
)
Thats just thoughts
Tyler

There are a few types out there in other country's that had straight combs and rumpless but they are not here, the drenthe is one of them.

Probably Just crossbreds from the hatchery's buying up araucana and putting them in with other birds

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom