1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Araucana's: Where can I get them?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by HenHoneyGirl, Nov 26, 2015.

1. HenHoneyGirl

HenHoneyGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2015
    Arizona
    Hello! I recently have been furiously searching for new breeds of chickens to help with the frustration of not being able to incubate right now and none of the hatcheries sell chicks right now it seems.(I guess I'm having "no cute little fluffy baby chicks withdrawals."[​IMG][​IMG])
    Anyway I've been looking into the Araucana breed and i believe they would be a nice addition to my flock. However my regular hatchery does not breed them. Does anyone know a reliable hatchery that breeds them?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I don't think there are any 'big' hatcheries that are breeding Araucanas - those that do advertise them, Americanas, etc. generally are selling Easter eggers. There are individual breeders raising and selling 'true' Araucanas - type 'Araucana' in the search bar at the type of the page. Good luck.

3. PipeLayer214

PipeLayer214 New Egg

Mar 8, 2015
    south east Georgia
    I just so happen to have some beautiful araucanas on my yard. Was our first breed. They should start back laying any day now and we could work something out with you. Respond back if interested. Will answer any questions you may have. THEY are a a great breed to have alot of fun with. Have a good day and look forward to sharing our beautiful birds with you.

4. brideofchaos

brideofchaos Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2015
    Edgewood, NM
    Ooooh, please keep me in mind, too, for hatching eggs. I used to have true Araucana when I lived in Oregon and miss them terribly! :)

5. Do you sell hatching eggs and do you ship them?

6. tammy1204

tammy1204 New Egg

Nov 30, 2015
    I am looking for 2 egg laying chickens and a rooster by Friday for a gift for my auntie. I live in Birmingham and will be taking them to her in Thomasville on Friday

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    There is no hatchery in the United States with true Araucana. They can only be sourced from breeders or backyard hobbyists.

8. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    If you want to go the hatchery route, look at www.mypetchickencom They have both EE's and Ameraucanas. You can check out their website and the Ameraucanas come in only two or three colors. I know they have black or blue and I think one other. They differentiate between the two breeds and the cost for a one day old ee pullet is three dollars plus change and the Ameraucana pullet is 20.00. Depending on where you live, the ship orders as small as three. I think I am in the must take four zone.

9. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Ameraucana are not Araucana. They are two different breeds.

10. brideofchaos

brideofchaos Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2015
    Edgewood, NM
    I think the original poster was looking for true Araucana, not Ameraucana.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by