Araucana's: Where can I get them?

HenHoneyGirl

Chirping
May 26, 2015
Arizona
Hello! I recently have been furiously searching for new breeds of chickens to help with the frustration of not being able to incubate right now and none of the hatcheries sell chicks right now it seems.(I guess I'm having "no cute little fluffy baby chicks withdrawals."
lau.gif
jumpy.gif
)
Anyway I've been looking into the Araucana breed and i believe they would be a nice addition to my flock. However my regular hatchery does not breed them. Does anyone know a reliable hatchery that breeds them?

I don't think there are any 'big' hatcheries that are breeding Araucanas - those that do advertise them, Americanas, etc. generally are selling Easter eggers. There are individual breeders raising and selling 'true' Araucanas - type 'Araucana' in the search bar at the type of the page. Good luck.

I just so happen to have some beautiful araucanas on my yard. Was our first breed. They should start back laying any day now and we could work something out with you. Respond back if interested. Will answer any questions you may have. THEY are a a great breed to have alot of fun with. Have a good day and look forward to sharing our beautiful birds with you.

I just so happen to have some beautiful araucanas on my yard. Was our first breed. They should start back laying any day now and we could work something out with you. Respond back if interested. Will answer any questions you may have. THEY are a a great breed to have alot of fun with. Have a good day and look forward to sharing our beautiful birds with you.

Do you sell hatching eggs and do you ship them?

I am looking for 2 egg laying chickens and a rooster by Friday for a gift for my auntie. I live in Birmingham and will be taking them to her in Thomasville on Friday

Hello! I recently have been furiously searching for new breeds of chickens to help with the frustration of not being able to incubate right now and none of the hatcheries sell chicks right now it seems.(I guess I'm having "no cute little fluffy baby chicks withdrawals."
lau.gif
jumpy.gif
)
Anyway I've been looking into the Araucana breed and i believe they would be a nice addition to my flock. However my regular hatchery does not breed them. Does anyone know a reliable hatchery that breeds them?
There is no hatchery in the United States with true Araucana. They can only be sourced from breeders or backyard hobbyists.

lau.gif
jumpy.gif
)

If you want to go the hatchery route, look at www.mypetchickencom They have both EE's and Ameraucanas. You can check out their website and the Ameraucanas come in only two or three colors. I know they have black or blue and I think one other. They differentiate between the two breeds and the cost for a one day old ee pullet is three dollars plus change and the Ameraucana pullet is 20.00. Depending on where you live, the ship orders as small as three. I think I am in the must take four zone.

Back
Top Bottom