Archiving old posts

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
Hey Rob....I've noticed a recent 'explosion' of old threads getting reopened. Some more than 6 or 8 months ago.

Is there a way to set up a system to automatically archive old posts to make them read only? Then we dont lose the info in them but they arent open for adding posts.

Just a thought...

smile.png

Then again, what is wrong with old threads being reopened and discussed? At least the posters have used the search function and found information worth discussing again. If it's garbage from Random Ramblings then ok, but if it's good info worth reading again, I think it's fine it's bubbled up to the surface.

If you think the thread contains irrelevant info, just report it and we can look into it. We can do this on a thread by thread basis.
If it is good info like Reinbeau says, then it helped someone and maybe will help others.

One I saw was 2 years old discussing Bigfoot
tongue.png

ETA: If we could get something like an archive in forums such as random ramblings and family life, I think this would be helpful. People go over and find threads that are 6 months old or older and comment on them, usually the issue is already resolved.

Last edited:
It really needs to be case by case basis. Some threads are time specific and should definitely not be re-bumped to the top. In those cases we've removed the post and locked the thread.

In other cases there are some really amazing threads with super great info that, when someone posts to add info or ask a question, becomes very helpful.

If one of the former types (old / stale / useless) gets bumped, just hit report and we'll take a look.
smile.png

Quote:
Especially in the Byc forum feedback and announcements. A lot if these threads are brought up over and over, because they have such good information, or members have another question.

Back
Top Bottom