Are all my dorking eggs infertile ?(10 days incubation)

justjohn321

In the Brooder
Dec 29, 2020
america
Are all my dorking eggs infertile ?
They have been in for 10 days 36.7c ish
d.jpg
d1.jpg
d2.jpg
d3.jpg

Are all my dorking eggs infertile ?
They have been in for 10 days 36.7c ish
Hi there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I agree with others that those indeed appear to be completely infertile. Can you measure or weigh the eggs? Would give us a SLIGHT clue to the layer's age.

But also noting that your temperature is not adequate to incubate chicken eggs and they would not be at day 10 of development NOW and should be closer to 38c.. If FORCED/circulated air incubator.. and a tad higher than that.. 101.5 - 102 F.. if still air incubator.

hi , unsure fertilized eggs were purchased from ebay.

All the eggs look the same when candled, ebay seller did have a decent track record for fertile eggs.
We are in chicken lockdown in UK due to bird flu . Unsure if that's a good thing or a bad.
Whoa! Can bird flu be vertically transmitted to the hatching chicks?! :barnie

I know things are a bit different in the UK than the US regarding laws that govern livestock.. but here, you cannot legally ship eggs across state lines without having your flock tested for certain diseases.. So much for your so called lock down! :he Our law also stated to sell "fertile" eggs they must have at LEAST 85% fertility. Even without laws though, one SHOULD know their personal fertility AND hatch-ability rate

I would ask the seller for a refund! And being on lock down for bird flu NOT bring in anymore until the all clear is given. :confused:

Hope you have many fantastic chicken and hatching adventures! :wee

Hi there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I agree with others that those indeed appear to be completely infertile. Can you measure or weigh the eggs? Would give us a SLIGHT clue to the layer's age.

But also noting that your temperature is not adequate to incubate chicken eggs and they would not be at day 10 of development NOW and should be closer to 38c.. If FORCED/circulated air incubator.. and a tad higher than that.. 101.5 - 102 F.. if still air incubator.

Whoa! Can bird flu be vertically transmitted to the hatching chicks?! :barnie

I know things are a bit different in the UK than the US regarding laws that govern livestock.. but here, you cannot legally ship eggs across state lines without having your flock tested for certain diseases.. So much for your so called lock down! :he Our law also stated to sell "fertile" eggs they must have at LEAST 85% fertility. Even without laws though, one SHOULD know their personal fertility AND hatch-ability rate

I would ask the seller for a refund! And being on lock down for bird flu NOT bring in anymore until the all clear is given. :confused:

Hope you have many fantastic chicken and hatching adventures! :wee
hi, i am new to this ...lol ...this incubator was not calibrated at the start of the incubation. (now calibrated).

Seller has refunded straight away the full amount. Laws concerning bird flu in UK. Are prob different to the USA.
I do not think there are any restrictions on shipping eggs in UK during bird flu outbreak. (eggs are still in the shops, so table eggs are still being transported around country)

Our birds are currently locked in and under cover so no wild birds can get near them. Thats the current recommendation).

Back
Top Bottom