Are all of you tired of predators???

Pekin Hen

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 2, 2007
South Africa
I am sick and tired of trespasing pets and wild predators!
Some of my beautiful chocins had to sacrafice their tiny lives to predators and pets, and this won't be going on any more!
My dad had a great idea! He spun electrical wires around the coop and chicken run( on the outside of the fence) just so that the chickens can't reach the wires. We tested the electrical wires on our dogs(who normaly liked a little chicken dinner). The wires carried 20 000 volts( just enough to scare of predators, not kill them). Our dogs got a little shock when they tried to break trough the wires!
They never tried it agen!

So try this method(it's a 100% fail proof method)!
And if you are realy interested in electronics check out my dad's webpage(www.jdm-electronics.com)wich has alot of information on electronical stuff( my dad's hobby), a page on aeroplanes( my dad's other hobby and my uncle Danie's work+hobby), a page on our weather and, of coarse, my page on chickens!

So PLEASE check out our webpage
( www.jdm-electronics.com), even if it's only for the chicken or aeroplane part!

Annette.

I have had my chickens for almost a year and i have not had one single predator yet. 6 ft stockade keeps my pets in and other critters out. The only thing i have worried about are hawks, but we have been lucky so far.
BTW.......this amazing poultry safe property will be going on the market within the next year. All the work has been done. The coop in insulated from top to bottom...........has one coop divided in half with 2 runs and had electricity and lights. One heat lamp keeps the room warm and the water from freezing. The property also has a great set up for dog and cat owners.....you would be amazed by all the things DH has done to modify this place for our critters. Also the fenced yard is a child safe place, you wouldn't even have to look out there to know they are safe. Just putting this out there because alot of chicken people would give a limb for the set up we have here.

Back
Top Bottom