Are Anconas just mottled Leghorns?

Are Anconas Mottled Leghorns?

• Total voters
Pics
Wow, she almost does look like paint. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. My splash d'Anvers are always a light shade of blue, almost no splashes. Maybe they don't have the right melanizers, for the same reason why the blues are this dark, murky, unclear blue. Also I love your blue cockerel.
I not really sure on the ingredients to get 'Paint" but this one hatched with a group of Blues and Blacks.... so that would confirm her as splash ....right?

I think I have a pic of her as a chick..... bright yellow down with a couple of dark dots..... I'll see if I can dig out a pic. ( edit... nope cant find it )

I think I posted more recent pics of the blue roo... he was an asshole bird (putting it nicely and has since been shipped on)

Found a pic of her at about 8 weeks

Attachments

• 20210402_101650.jpg
    20210402_101650.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I not really sure on the ingredients to get 'Paint" but this one hatched with a group of Blues and Blacks.... so that would confirm her as splash ....right?

I think I have a pic of her as a chick..... bright yellow down with a couple of dark dots..... I'll see if I can dig out a pic. ( edit... nope cant find it )

I think I posted more recent pics of the blue roo... he was an asshole bird (putting it nicely and has since been shipped on)

Found a pic of her at about 8 weeks
No, I think it’s splash. It sure is interesting though.

Back
Top Bottom