Are any of my hens actually Roos?

Yup, you only have one boy. Will you keep him?
The girls are so sweet, I'm glad!!! As for the brahma, we'll keep him as long as we can, mainly I don't know what to expect as far as how a crow sounds. If he has to go, lol, he already has a home waiting him. A friend of my daughter has chickens and their rooster died early this summer. They were willing to home any chickens that wanted a change of scenery. But so far they get NONE. I have no plans to re-home any of these fine ladies (and dude).

Thanks everyone, all input was very much appreciated. Now I need to invest in some egg cookbooks. :woot

Thanks! I have already adjusted to yelling, "Hey ladies...and dude!" I haven't heard a crow yet. I looked it up on youtube and ...it'll take some adjusting, lol.

Zuc2 and Bo look suspicious based on tail feathers, along with "buff with tail" if that's another bird. Those tail feathers are what alerted me first to my Delaware being a cockerel. He started crowing around 12 weeks and we found him a new home (finally) around 22-23 weeks.
Nooo, not Zucchini :( "bo", "suspicious bum", and "buff with tail" are the same bird (Named Lunch).

Back
Top Bottom