are bantam buff orps recognized in the APA Standard?

Yes! I have a 1998 issue It states that the bantam var. recognized are: Black, Blue, Buff and White.

Yes, they are in the SOP. Check out the website in my Sig line. The United Orpington Club. We have a page on the standards.

I'd like to thank KK for the work on the UOC web-site! This was all but, dead just a few months ago and now it is looking good. As a member of the UOC, I was kind of embarassed when I looked up the web-site a while back. Once again THANKS KK..it looks good.
And yes, bantam buff's are in the standard. I have them and they are so much like their larger counterparts. I just recently got bantam white's and have 10 standard white's in the 'bator. If you get the bantams, you won't be disappointed. Also, if you are not a member of the UOC you should think about becoming one. You will recieve a list of breeders and that comes in handy.

Quote:
Thanks Jeff. I think the UOC will do better now with the new website. Most the breeders thatt are in the UOC are very nice and willing to talk and help you if you have questions about breeding, etc. such as Don Chandler, Vern Holzhueter, The Pontious, and the Moores are people I have really enjoyed talking to. I Hope with everyones help we can really get the club to grow.
As far as bantam or Standards the Orpingtons are the way to go. You should get some bantam whites they are really cute.
WhiteRoo.jpg

ETA: I was not the only one to help TerrasCritters has help me a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom