1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

are bantam buff orps recognized in the APA Standard?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by horsecrazy, Oct 3, 2008.

1. horsecrazy

horsecrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    central CA
    I just ordered the standard and are interested in bantam BOs and wondering if they are described in there.

2. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Yes! I have a 1998 issue It states that the bantam var. recognized are: Black, Blue, Buff and White.

3. horsecrazy

horsecrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    central CA
    Yay! Thanks.

4. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Yes, they are in the SOP. Check out the website in my Sig line. The United Orpington Club. We have a page on the standards.

5. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    I'd like to thank KK for the work on the UOC web-site! This was all but, dead just a few months ago and now it is looking good. As a member of the UOC, I was kind of embarassed when I looked up the web-site a while back. Once again THANKS KK..it looks good.
    And yes, bantam buff's are in the standard. I have them and they are so much like their larger counterparts. I just recently got bantam white's and have 10 standard white's in the 'bator. If you get the bantams, you won't be disappointed. Also, if you are not a member of the UOC you should think about becoming one. You will recieve a list of breeders and that comes in handy.

6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:Thanks Jeff. I think the UOC will do better now with the new website. Most the breeders thatt are in the UOC are very nice and willing to talk and help you if you have questions about breeding, etc. such as Don Chandler, Vern Holzhueter, The Pontious, and the Moores are people I have really enjoyed talking to. I Hope with everyones help we can really get the club to grow.
    As far as bantam or Standards the Orpingtons are the way to go. You should get some bantam whites they are really cute.
    [​IMG]

ETA: I was not the only one to help TerrasCritters has help me a lot

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by