Are Black Astralorps nice?

I have a pair of australorp hens and I love them, i usually get an egg from both them almost everyday ( I kinda live in alot warmer weather than some on here)

Last edited:
We have four Australorp hens who are very sweet. My kids pick them up and hold them all the time.

We also had an Australorp Roo who became very aggressive to my kids and was rehomed. There seems to be a theme here among Australorp Roos.

My hens are very quiet and docile. The BA roo is 6 months now and starting to become a little aggressive. I would recommend them though.

My black Australorp is the most sensible chicken I have. She is kind to the other girls but is still the leader. I swear she understands what I say, LOL! She goes back in her pen when I tell her to, and comes when I call her name. She will even go in her coop when I ask her to go to bed. She takes care of the other girls, and will clean their little faces and break up squabbles just like a mama. A good hen ~ worth five of any others, I'd say.

Mine is a real sweetie pie as well. Love my Betty.
love.gif

My girls were very sweet and Alfalfa the rooster was very nice as well. He wasn't constantly underfoot like the hens, but he was never aggressive.

BlackAustralorpPrettyPosenew.jpg

Back
Top Bottom