Are blue and lavender the same?

StarLover21

Songster
8 Years
Oct 11, 2011
Sorry, dumb question. But are blue and lavender orpingtons the same thing? And for the other breeds? Thanks.

Question was asked yesterday
smile.png
Answer is here .

Not really. Blue can vary in shades and sometimes it can look similar to Lavender but most of the time no. Lavender is one solid pale shade, Blue is usually darker on the head/neck in girls and the color overall is often darker.

Are you talking Blue compared to Self Blue/Lavender? The Andalusion blue will have differing shades of colors with it, as in lacing of the feathers. The Self Blue or Lavender is a solid color, no lacing or different shades of blue. Think of the Andalusion Blue as a faded pair of blue jeans. Different threads will be varying colors. Now think of a plain gray or light blue man's shirt. All the threads are the same color. Hope that's what you were asking?
wink.png

I had to cut back on all the rest of my chickens but just the breeds listed. That's the sad face.
wink.png
All that's left are the listed breeds and a couple laying hens. No Marans, no Araucanas, no project colors, natta. Was lucky I could even keep the Buffs. Long story.

Ok, phew! Thought something had happened to your Shamos. Wish I had the room for some of them, they are such a neat looking bird! I hear ya too on the cutting back.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom