Are both my liege fighters female??

Cats 😄 yeah I was looking for more on the LF and saw the Bruges, apparently they were used to create the Liege so was hoping to learn something that might apply, but there seems to be even less for the Bruges! Except that you need a $100 deposit just to get on the waiting list... My Jersey girls were a pretty easy choice at just under 5 bucks each.

May I ask where you got your Liege Fighters?

Cats 😄 yeah I was looking for more on the LF and saw the Bruges, apparently they were used to create the Liege so was hoping to learn something that might apply, but there seems to be even less for the Bruges! Except that you need a $100 deposit just to get on the waiting list... My Jersey girls were a pretty easy choice at just under 5 bucks each.

I got my liege eggs from a breeder near me called DC Heritage poultry in Quebec Canada (I am near the border of Quebec in Ontario) the eggs are about $18 each from them I think and the chicks $35 I believe… definitely a lot more expensive than $5 lol! but no $100 deposit required 👍

I’m assuming you’re not in Canada but in case you are - I personally haven’t had any issues with any of my chickens from that breeder so far, but I found out after the fact that they have pretty bad reviews online and apparently used to run a puppy mill which got shut down…. So I can’t exactly recommend them lol. But all of the chickens I have are beautiful and healthy 🤷‍♀️

I got my liege eggs from a breeder near me called DC Heritage poultry in Quebec Canada (I am near the border of Quebec in Ontario) the eggs are about $18 each from them I think and the chicks $35 I believe… definitely a lot more expensive than $5 lol! but no $100 deposit required 👍

I’m assuming you’re not in Canada but in case you are - I personally haven’t had any issues with any of my chickens from that breeder so far, but I found out after the fact that they have pretty bad reviews online and apparently used to run a puppy mill which got shut down…. So I can’t exactly recommend them lol. But all of the chickens I have are beautiful and healthy 🤷‍♀️
Glad I asked... I recently bookmarked DC's site, though just noticed they don't ship to the US anyway (Iowa) one hopes the same people are not involved now. That's not an easily forgivable offense so I completely understand as far as recommendations go.

But continued good luck with yours, keep us posted!

Glad I asked... I recently bookmarked DC's site, though just noticed they don't ship to the US anyway (Iowa) one hopes the same people are not involved now. That's not an easily forgivable offense so I completely understand as far as recommendations go.

But continued good luck with yours, keep us posted!
Yes exactly I was pretty sad to find that out! I haven’t been able to figure out for myself whether or not it’s the same people running it or just on the same location… the woman I met seemed very nice to me and not at all like a puppy mill owner but I’m sure my niceness metre isn’t perfectly gauged lol. I was pretty morally torn about it, but ended up doing one final order of eggs from her for this spring because she is the only source for liege fighters I’ve been able to find in Canada. But I am really hoping to get a cockerel this time so that I can just start breeding my own!!

Back
Top Bottom