Are Call Ducks Noisy?

tobyabraham2113

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2020
Hi, so I currently have a pekin duck and she is getting really noisy. I'm thinking about getting Call ducks. Does anyone know how if they are very noisy? Thanks!

Yeah she is with chickens for now thinking of getting a few meat geese and a duck or two. Any recommended breeds for meat geese?

No, not all Call ducks are noisy. The males, for example, are fairly quiet, and only make "rasping" noises. The frequency in which the females will talk will vary with each bird and setup. When females do talk, it is very loud, given that's what their breeds intended purpose was, to call in wild ducks while hunting.

If noise is a concern, you should avoid female calls.

Housing geese with ducks is tricky, and oftentimes they'll be a light of fighting, especially during springtime. If you're new to waterfowl, I would avoid housing geese with any other species due to their hormonal, aggressive behavior.

For Perkins I’d recommend getting rouens, khaki campbells or cherryvalleys for a friend. I’ve 2 call ducks and oh boy have they got attitude!! They are such bratty ducks, will bite me and our chickens... parade around the garden constantly quacking at such a high pitch... basically like Daffy Duck in Mickey Mouse... that literally is what they sound like! Pekin quacking is tolerable, but call ducks are constant .. hope this helps a little & hope you find some sweet friends for your duck!

What about getting a male pekin? My pekins were always great when I had multiple and the noise level did go down. Males are much much quieter regardless with a more raspy noice than the deeper quacks of the females

What about getting a male pekin? My pekins were always great when I had multiple and the noise level did go down. Males are much much quieter regardless with a more raspy noice than the deeper quacks of the females
I heard that male ducks harass chickens. Is that true?

Back
Top Bottom