Are Chickens Allowed in Moline Michigan

sparkler8666

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 28, 2011
Hi,
big_smile.png

I am new to the forum (though my sister has been on here awhile. Wonder if she'll notice this post...) Well, I do not have chickens yet but am very interested in having them, and am about to buy a new house. I noticed that someone from Moline Michigan was posting on this site and I wanted to ask anyone from Moline about the lay of the land... Are chickens being tolerated in Moline?

The house we are possibly interested in buying is near the library on more than 3/4 of an acre on 12th St. So it isn't a tiny lot in the heart of town, but I don't want it if I can't have the chickens, lol.

We currently live in Wayland and have been told that in town the chickens are not tolerated. (Our rental actually used to be owned by people who had chickens, but the people moved out of town because the city forced them to get rid of their chickens even though they had a big lot with privacy fencing and a big barn, lol.) Apparently people complained.

How about Dorr? One house we're interested in is just outside of Dorr, but it is on the edge of a nice development on Patti Rd... anyone know anything about chickens in that area?

Thanks in advance for helping a girl out,

Sparkler

Hello and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm not sure if they allow chickens, but you can always call the city and ask. They will be able to tell you and how many allowed. If or not roosters are allowed. Good luck!

Hello sister!!! It's nice of you to join my chicken forum. If Moline says you can have a few hens I'd love to give you a few of mine.
big_smile.png
. I'll see what I can find out from the towns zoning ordinance.

Back
Top Bottom