are chickens pets?

Are chickens pets?

• yes

Votes: 329 92.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 7.1%

• Total voters
I have seriously considered investing in some chicken diapers just so I can bring my birdies in the house when they're injured or ill. I've see lots of pictures of people with house chickens who wear the diapers full-time

Never thought of potty training my chickens. But it sounds like a nice plan. Mine think their water bowl is a toilet.

1. ChickenCrossing.Org / make your own chicken diapers video

www.chickencrossing.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4730
    5 posts - 3 authors - Oct 17, 2008
    make your own chicken diapers video. I know some of us have housechickens..or wish they did roll ... Here is a YouTube video explaining how ...

2. Make your own chicken diapers - Chic Chix Chicken Diapers

chicchix.webs.com/apps/forums/show/5365016
    Have you made your own chicken diapers? Would you want to buy a kit with instructions? Would you be interested in buying a chicken diaper pattern?

3. Inside Storey: Sue Weaver: House Chickens

insidestorey.blogspot.com/2011/04/sue-weaver-house-chickens.html
    Apr 4, 2011 – They needn't be caged, thanks to chicken diapers: neat, pouchlike ... for adjustability and quality, but if you prefer you can make your own.

4. Homemade Things for Chickens | eHow.com

www.ehow.comPets & Animals
    Put a diaper on your chicken, and watch a barnyard staple turn into a house pet. You can pay top dollar for designer chicken diapers, or you can make your own ...
  5. How to make chicken Diapers 1 - YouTube
    ► 7:32► 7:32

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm_-glNJlnsMay 3, 2008 - 8 min - Uploaded by chickenmom
    how to make chicken diapers and how to put them on. ... DIY - How To Make Your Own Diaper Sprayerby ...

My four little girls most certainly are pets. Love all the different personalities and when they scream out for me every morning when I open the garage door. Besides once you enter my home, and get a name you're family
2764.png
2764.png
1f413.png
2764.png
2764.png

My four little girls most certainly are pets. Love all the different personalities and when they scream out for me every morning when I open the garage door. Besides once you enter my home, and get a name you're family
2764.png
2764.png
1f413.png
2764.png
2764.png
I see you have Polish. I do too. They're the ones that converted me from "chickens are just livestock" to "Ok, some chickens are pets" XD

Yes, definitely pets. Our Buff Orpingtons are lap chickens and we love them. They like pets and cuddles and come and talk to us and we talk to them. They have personalities. Some are stand-offish but most are very lovable. Being knew to chickens I never knew they could be this wonderful to have around. And they give us eggs!

Chickens are livestock, therefore they are not pets according to the city where I live. I have couple of them in my back yard, but I had a sound proof pen for my rooster during the weekend. They make my day go faster.

2 days last week my girls found a way out of their run. When I got out of the car, and headed toward the house, they all got excited, started clucking and made a full-speed beeline toward me. Anything that excited to see their owner has to be thought of as a pet, lol. I love the way the follow me all over outside, looking to see what I am doing. Only drawback.... If they are out, I can't go in through my front door, we have a busy highway out front. I have to use the back door. They then get on the deck and look through the window, ha ha.

2 days last week my girls found a way out of their run. When I got out of the car, and headed toward the house, they all got excited, started clucking and made a full-speed beeline toward me. Anything that excited to see their owner has to be thought of as a pet, lol. I love the way the follow me all over outside, looking to see what I am doing. Only drawback.... If they are out, I can't go in through my front door, we have a busy highway out front. I have to use the back door. They then get on the deck and look through the window, ha ha.

That's fine ... on this farm, the back door is pretty much the service entrance and the side door is for visitors and family, as these lead to the family and dining and kitchen and cellar areas of our home, and the side and back yards beyond the gate, but that front door? Well ... it's just there to mislead unwanted guests, which are then invited into the living room, where we would rarely otherwise go ~'-)

Back
Top Bottom