are chickens pets?

Are chickens pets?

• yes

Votes: 329 92.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 7.1%

• Total voters
You betcha!! I have coffee with mine most mornings. I still don't know what they take in it. They're very interested in mine, though, so maybe they like cream and sugar too. Seriously, they like the produce rejects from one of our local health food stores better.

My girls are my BABIES! They talk to me, follow me and, yes, "love" me. I am head "Roo" fearless leader, grand puba to my girlies. I tell them all my deep secrets and I know theirs. When they're hurt they come to me, if they miss me, they come to the patio door and "knock" with their beaks. When one dies (I've lost over 20) they cry with me and I with them. Did you know that some breeds have a "song" they sing when one of their family dies? Well, they do. And they cuddle and give beak kisses to my nose. They love their ears and necks rubbed and love to be held and loved. I now only have 6 left (thanks to a neighbor dog) but they're my pets and my friends. Eggs are great, but when they get too old, too bad. I'll love them any way!

Yes, cowcreekgeek, that includes walking them like feathered dogs.
cool.png

Yes, cowcreekgeek, that includes walking them like feathered dogs.
cool.png

My lil' brother bought my older sister a bunny, 'n she did that ... and, as to the chicken/pet issue? I can claim good cause for havin' this recovering chicken in my lap, but lettin' it crawl all over my arms/shoulders, preen my hair, and walkin' around w/ it tucked in my shirt? That'd be stretchin' the truth a bit, if I were to attempt in any way justifying it as purposeful in restoring the good health of the bird (still ain't gonna give her a name, though ~'-)

Back
Top Bottom