are chickens pets?

Are chickens pets?

• yes

Votes: 329 92.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 7.1%

• Total voters
Those that keep chickens specifically as pets more often have fewer than eight chickens in their flocks, which appears to prevent this phenomenal (but apparently harmless) condition from exhibiting it's symptoms on an annual basis, but I figured I'd check 'n see if referring to any specific chicken by a chosen name might have any affect. In my case, there were two that showed the earliest signs, and seven additional bantams involved ...

Blixem, taken yesterday evening.​

Rudolph, taken shortly thereafter, just before dark.​

I couldn't get pictures of them all, as these two went missing last night, along w/ Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid and Dunder. They're all back w/in the safety of their winter run out back (the nine affected were scratching around on the hillside just above, as if they'd done no wrong). Hope you didn't find these images disturbing in any way, as the growths on the heads of these nine (and the additional red streaks on the one's beak) appear to have caused them no discomfort, and are already all but gone ... just the mildest bumps can be felt, when stroking their feathers. So, thank you for any concern, but don't worry; they're all perfectly fine now.

Have a Merry Christmas, folks ~'-)

Last edited:
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
The crazy world of Cowcreekgeek......!!!!

Love those pictures!!!!

Merry Christmas to all!

Suzie

Love your new avatar Cowcreek! Very cute, looks like one eye is bigger then the other. Your last avatar made my eyes go bonkers :)

My friend has 2 serama hens , a silkie pullet and a special needs silkie roo - all housepets, that know their names. The girls sit on her lap to watch tv shows. She has had various breeds over the past 20 + years and all housepets. She also has fish, turtles, and canaries

Back
Top Bottom