Are Cinnamon Queens really that vicious?

JasperMoon

Songster
Jan 9, 2018
Ohio
We just got cinnamon Queens and on this Sight, ive read that they are chicken killers?
I have 3 questions.
1) are they really chicken killers, with correct feed (we've got them on game bird starter because we are raising them with keets)
2) is it safe to keep them with our keets?(i know that the keets are smaller than them but there are more keets and i know they get bigger faster)
3) do I need to keep them away from are 6 chicken flock when they are older (for safety of the other flock)

The chicks are nice now but im worried

I don't think they're quite velociraptors, but I've found them to be more bossy/bitey than other breeds. Just keep an eye on them.

How big is the size difference right now? I've kept keets with chickens maybe 1--2 weeks older than them.

I don't think they're quite velociraptors, but I've found them to be more bossy than other breeds. Just keep an eye on them.

How big is the size difference right now? I've kept keets with chickens maybe 1--2 weeks older than them.
here is an image of them the keets are in there if you can see them its waay bigger, and we have more than that its just a small photo
chicks and keets.jpg

Never had a problem.It would have to be very small space and little food for them to go this far.Any chicken can do that.Griwing up with your keets they probably can live together.

I love these birds.Great personality and great egg laying.

What you have are Rhode Island reds.A completely different breed.A cinnamon queen is a red sexlink just another aka way to say it.If they were cinnamon queens they would be red and white.
Rhode Island reds have a tendency and a bad rep to be aggressive.Infact I had a issue with them picking on other birds.Generelly kept with their own kind,or other aggressive/bossy birds,they seem to do just fine.Nit saying yours will be this way but it is very likely that happen

What you have are Rhode Island reds.A completely different breed.A cinnamon queen is a red sexlink just another aka way to say it.If they were cinnamon queens they would be red and white.
Rhode Island reds have a tendency and a bad rep to be aggressive.Infact I had a issue with them picking on other birds.Generelly kept with their own kind,or other aggressive/bossy birds,they seem to do just fine.Nit saying yours will be this way but it is very likely that happen
These are cinnamon queens we got them from family and farm, they also had RIRds but we got these because he didnt want to get just pure bred reds, These guys are a Rhode Island Red X Rhode Island white mix

Back
Top Bottom