Are ducks messy?

Do they turn grass into mud even if their kiddie pool is far away? If you go on a week vacation, can you fill up two kiddie pools when you leave and just have someone make sure they have food and collect eggs, or do the pools have to be refilled everyday?
How many do you have? One duck can make a pool messy in 2-3 days, so if you have 2-3+ you will most definitely need it changed every day or every other day. They get it dirty so fast it will make your head spin! Also depends on how long they are in there for a day. Leaving them with a neighbor for a week will most likely be a lot of work for them

How many do you have? One duck can make a pool messy in 2-3 days, so if you have 2-3+ you will most definitely need it changed every day or every other day. They get it dirty so fast it will make your head spin! Also depends on how long they are in there for a day. Leaving them with a neighbor for a week will most likely be a lot of work for them
As of now I have 0, but I am planning on getting 2-3 in about a month when my feed store gets em in. If I had two ducks and two kiddie pools, do you think I could get away with having someone refill them midway through the week?

I have 2 ducks and they have 2 pools, a big one and a clam shell. I change over the big one every 5 days and the clam shell every 2-3 days. It depends how much your ducks use the pool, mine enjoy foraging ALOT And swim for only a small part of the day.
Whoever looks after your ducks will need to be there morning and at night, to let them in and out of their enclosure and to top up their feed and give them fresh water. Even though they are "easy" backyard pets they still require quite a bit or care.

As of now I have 0, but I am planning on getting 2-3 in about a month when my feed store gets em in. If I had two ducks and two kiddie pools, do you think I could get away with having someone refill them midway through the week?
You could get 2 pools and fill them both up and cover one up until the other is dirty. Then just have the person uncover the other one. Also do you plan on getting adults or babies? Ducklings only make messes when they poop and they can swim in a sink or bathtub with a few inches of warm water. They don't need big pools

Back
Top Bottom