Are Emus Trainable?

Quote:
Yep, he is trained... but it's been awhile.....
big_smile.png

lau.gif
Sure, TRY to teach them to leave your glasses, cellphone, keys, hat, ring, & buttons ALONE.
gig.gif
I already find mine staring down my glasses & I have to tell them NO so they don't attempt it but I suspect it will get worse as they age...they hatched this year on Father's Day

Attachments

• 20210626_165913.jpg
    20210626_165913.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 18
They can be trained to some degree. Just like people train goldfish and turtles etc.... They are very small minded and have the patience of an ant, but if you can keep their attention long enough, yep they can learn..... especially things you don't want them too.. hehe.

I teach mine:

the NO command..... very good to have when they are about to chomp an ear

the Wait command - good for keeping them from stealing food out of the feed bucket - lasts only 1 min though....

Down - teaching them to lay down by pressing on their back. Good to getting them to hold still or look less intimidating to the relatives.

Come to a whistle or their name......

Carry Silkies on their backs with a saddle.....
Hilarious! Thank you

They can be trained to some degree. Just like people train goldfish and turtles etc.... They are very small minded and have the patience of an ant, but if you can keep their attention long enough, yep they can learn..... especially things you don't want them too.. hehe.

I teach mine:

the NO command..... very good to have when they are about to chomp an ear

the Wait command - good for keeping them from stealing food out of the feed bucket - lasts only 1 min though....

Down - teaching them to lay down by pressing on their back. Good to getting them to hold still or look less intimidating to the relatives.

Come to a whistle or their name......

Carry Silkies on their backs with a saddle.....
I want to see a cowboy silkie ridin an emu!!!

Back
Top Bottom