Are GreenFire hatchery chicks worth it?

I just got cream legbar chicks and gold death layer chicks, from Greenfire. The chicks arrived today ,two days late but appear healthy, well shipped and lively. The gave me 2 extra chicks' for free. Communication is a pain in the ass and be prepared to take off work or be on call for 3 days. It voids the warranty if you don't pick them up promptly. They are rigid about shipping schedule and unapologetic. It's either their way or go somewhere else. So if you work a typical work week( and you will need to work overtime to buy them), you can't pick them up. They don't deliver. Chicks go to the post office. You pay for same day shipping but that doesn't happen. Funny thing is that they forgot to charge me for 2 chicks 2 @ 100.00 dollars each. Communication is so bad that I can't catch up with them to pay for their oversight.
But the thing is in their place the breeds that you can find in other hatcherys for cheaper price are kinda over price like you can can buy crested cream legs bars in Mc Murray as day old female for 7$ but over their its like 50$. Or from this hatchery I use to go to you were I bought my chamois applenzer spitzburg all female for 18$ but over their it was like 50$ Or like their silver applenzer spitzburg are 5$.

But the thing is in their place the breeds that you can find in other hatcherys for cheaper price are kinda over price like you can can buy crested cream legs bars in Mc Murray as day old female for 7$ but over their its like 50$. Or from this hatchery I use to go to you were I bought my chamois applenzer spitzburg all female for 18$ but over their it was like 50$ Or like their silver applenzer spitzburg are 5$.
Yeah but you can't just get every breed at a cheaper hatchery

They sell both hatchery Cream Legbars and Jill Reese Cream Legbars. I believe they’re the only place in the USA currently selling Jill Reese Cream Legbars, hence the price difference. And they’re $29/day old chick not $50.
I will pay for a good, rare bird as it helps spread the knowledge and support the small hatcheries working to keep these breeds going.
Shipped March 1st from their place in Florida and we picked up from USPS March 2nd. All alive and well, praise the Lord!

They sell both hatchery Cream Legbars and Jill Reese Cream Legbars. I believe they’re the only place in the USA currently selling Jill Reese Cream Legbars, hence the price difference. And they’re $29/day old chick not $50.
I will pay for a good, rare bird as it helps spread the knowledge and support the small hatcheries working to keep these breeds going.
Shipped March 1st from their place in Florida and we picked up from USPS March 2nd. All alive and well, praise the Lord!
I guess so.

Know what you want out of the breed and your intentions and ask yourself is this investment something I need. Greenfire is pricey.

I was actually trying to bid on some eggs they had on Ebay last week but the bid went into the $300's twice.

Both lines where the same price last week when I bought them

Back
Top Bottom