are my blr dotties show quality?

Youe hen in the top left pci could be a twin to one of mine. LOL. It is my understanding, that the blue laced red color is NOT accepted by the APA. Also, while I agree with Stacey that no blr's are show quality, I disagree on the reason being color. Granted, there is so much variance in color from breeder to breeder, that it certainly plays a part, but again, it is my understanding that body shape is what keeps blr's from being SQ. Look at a good English show wyandotte, and the body differences are apparent.

You might want to check out this site: http://www.bluelacedred.com/

Also
, if it were my flock, I would cull that rooster. You want the hackle color to be red, not blue.

Quote:
thank you yotetrapper, I would like to point out where you think my roo is blue on his neck, he's actually plucked there by my guinea. when he's not being harrassed, he is properly colored.

They look a lot nicer than most of the photos of laced wyandottes that get posted around & about, but still not quite as good as it takes.
sad.png
Didn't know BLR was non standard in US.
Easily the nicest laced wyandottes I've seen in US were some silver laced in a show in Indianapolis. They were lovely.

Quote:
thank you so much. I will probably wait on showing these, maybe go with something approved first but still in the wyandotte breed so I can use it on mine.

people do show them under AOV, so why not have fun and do it??? Get them out there and maybe other people will be interested in showing them. I have seen them in a few shows around here. I think we are only a couple years away from getting them accepted into the standard. We are working with other breeders to get the BLR accepted.

Mrs. Turbo :

people do show them under AOV, so why not have fun and do it??? Get them out there and maybe other people will be interested in showing them. I have seen them in a few shows around here. I think we are only a couple years away from getting them accepted into the standard. We are working with other breeders to get the BLR accepted.

to be honest- it's been over 35 yrs since I showed chickens and back then you put them in the cage and went off to enjoy the fair!(it was 4-h mind you)
there's a lot more to showing then there used to be!
I'm trying to get my kids to show, less stress on mom.​

Quote:
to be honest- it's been over 35 yrs since I showed chickens and back then you put them in the cage and went off to enjoy the fair!(it was 4-h mind you)
there's a lot more to showing then there used to be!
I'm trying to get my kids to show, less stress on mom.

around here the Jr show is more competitive than the open show, especially for call ducks......

Back
Top Bottom